Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Braunsschweiger Police koppelschloss

Article about: I have the chance to buy a Braunschweiger Police Koppelschloss, but I was wondering about the reverse. I have never seen a catch quite like this. Do you suppose that is rust in the hole? I c

ww2fotos
    ?

Default Braunsschweiger Police koppelschloss

Braunsschweiger Police koppelschloss I have the chance to buy a Braunschweiger Police Koppelschloss, but I was wondering about the reverse. I have never seen a catch quite like this. Do you suppose that is rust in the hole? I can't download the front because it is not Jpeg, and I can't figure out how to convert Bitmap to Jpeg. Thanks for any help.

2. # ADS

Default Re: Braunsschweiger Police koppelschloss

I don't see any problems with this buckle....Hopefully we'll get to see the front....so far so good!

Cheers!

Rob

ww2fotos
    ?

This is the best I can do. Click on the image twice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I thought that these were Hannover Police buckles! Looks legit to me. Here is my example for the sake of comparison. I like these buckles. Great look to them IMO!

Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Braunsschweiger Police koppelschloss   Braunsschweiger Police koppelschloss  

ww2fotos
    ?

Quote by lach470 View Post
    I thought that these were Hannover Police buckles! Looks legit to me. Here is my example for the sake of comparison. I like these buckles. Great look to them IMO!

Cheers!

Rob
    Page 443 of Angolia's buckle book shows this buckle to be Braunschweiger. But maybe I am wrong. There are a LOT of similar buckles of this design! Maybe somebody can tell us why so many Polizei Koppelschlossen have a Pferd on them? I am sure the explanation would be of interest to a lot more people than me.

Default Braunschweig

Obverse of buckle by ww2fotos as jpg.

I always thought that the Braunschweig prancing horse was often shown with (a) hind legs on a a small piece ground and (b) tail down.

Regards,

David

I think these are Brunswick (Braunschweig) also
    Ben

By the way, the now seen two images of the buckle which started this thread, actually appear to be the reverse and obverse of totally different buckles?

A damaged bottom wing on the reverse image which cannot be detected on the obverse image?

Regards,

David

Good point David! I would ask for more pictures at this point as you would think that you would see this "bend" in the buckle from the front....Thanks guys for clearing up the Brunswick/Hannover mixup....I was too tired to look it up! hahahaha
    Cheers!
    Rob