Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Buckle ID please

Article about: I've posted these on an other thread but I'm looking for the maker of the Police and Heer unmarked buckles . They both look to be made the same. The belt is not marked from what I can see. I

?

Default Buckle ID please

I've posted these on an other thread but I'm looking for the maker of the Police and Heer unmarked buckles . They both look to be made the same. The belt is not marked from what I can see. It also looks to have green felt on the inside . Belts and buckles are not my area. Thanks Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Buckle ID please   Buckle ID please  

Buckle ID please   Buckle ID please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Buckle ID please
    P
    Many

Default Re: Buckle ID please

Gary, with the pebbled effect on the rear of the buckle it could be an Assmann made buckle, would need better pics of the Police buckle
    Ben

?

Ben the backs are the same I will try and get better photos later. Thanks Gary

By the sounds of it.....the belt matches the buckle: parade issue. The two piece construction buckles were used for walking out or parade purposes and the belts with the "felt" on the inside were also issued for the same purpose. Sounds like the belt and buckle were together from day one.
    Cheers!
    Rob

?

Rob thanks for the info.

Gary

?

Default Buckle ID please part 2

Here are the photos of the back of the Police buckle and belt. The SS ,HJ,Heer,and Police buckles came in a grouping I bought . They are my first buckles. I think I might start buying more . The last pic. is of the back of the Police buckle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Buckle ID please   Buckle ID please  

Default Re: Buckle ID please part 2

Gary, the Heer buckle and Police buckle are indeed two piece construction used for parades along with the felt lined belt , probably made by Assmann going by the pebbled effect to the rear of the buckle, other makers did do this but not many, is there a faint "A" near the catch of the buckles? The SS is an interesting one, it has a unusual catch for a Assmann buckle, hopefully JP will see this thread and put some light on it. Are there any markings on the SS under the roller bar?
    Ben

?

Ben no markings on the Police and Heer that I can see . The SS buckle has markings near the front catch. I can see something there but the paint is covering it . If you look at the photos of the SS Buckle you can see some markings . Gary