Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Injection Molded Police

Article about: Hi guys, this buckle arrived today, last one for a while It has a broken prong but for the price I paid and how hard these are to come by I could not turn it down. I shown this to my college

Default Injection Molded Police

Hi guys, this buckle arrived today, last one for a while It has a broken prong but for the price I paid and how hard these are to come by I could not turn it down. I shown this to my college at work who works with metal. He was telling me it is made of Mazak, it is like a zinc alloy. This apparently was created in the thirties and was used in toy making. He explained that if you tried to mold or inject mold aluminium it would be like pouring tar whereas this Mazak could be poured/injected quite easily. Whether this is correct information or not I do not know but again, he works with metals, maybe someone could varify this info? Last question is who is the maker? Is it Seiper or Schroder? From ones I have seen in the past my money is on Seiper but again other opinions are most welcome
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Injection Molded Police   Injection Molded Police  

Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Injection Molded Police
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Injection Molded Police

Ben,

Congrats, Another Great buckle mate

My money is on Sieper for the maker

Great Deal you got for a hard to find Police buckle

Regards Mac 66.

Zamak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I'm really glad you posted this, if i'd have seen this for sale i'd have thought this was a fake. I know better now!...

Good one mucker, mission achieved people are learning
    Ben

Bless him he almost got the name right lol. In ref to the link, it is quite interesting in the fact that on the buckle there are small green flecks, could be bits of copper oxidising on the surface. Also I have just found out in the UK it was named "monkey metal" apparently!
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Bless him he almost got the name right lol. Also i have just found out in the UK it was named "monkey metal" apparently!In ref to the link, it is quite interesting in the fact that on the buckle there are small green flecks, could be bits of copper oxidising on the surface. Also I have just found out in the UK it was named "monkey metal" apparently!
    If you scroll down the the contents is does mention Mazak. Oh yeah "monkey metal", when Japanese motorcycles first started be in imported to the UK the Brit bike fans wrongly said Japanese engines were monkey metal.

Were they made of this metal?
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Were they made of this metal?
    No, there was quite poor quality aluminium on some of them but not monkey metal.

Hello,

your college is right .

And a fine buckle , Imo Sieper !
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

?

We used to call weak tensile strength metal "monkey metal" which i always assumed meant metals with a lead based content that could be bent easily or snapped with little pressure, some foreign toys were also called by this name

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast