Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Police / Fire Brigade Unusual

Article about: This particular buckle has an interesting tab attached to it. The buckle was produced by E. Ferd. Wienmann, Frankfurt and the tab is stamped as such...But over or under the strike (on the ta

?

Default Police / Fire Brigade Unusual

This particular buckle has an interesting tab attached to it.
    The buckle was produced by E. Ferd. Wienmann, Frankfurt and the tab is stamped as
    such...But over or under the strike (on the tab) is the maker mark of Otto Stephan Mulhausen as well..
    I will recieve this buckle soon and post more pics Any ideas ?? I usually do not collect
    this style of buckle but thought it may be "Rare"... At least odd......Thanks guys...Gwar
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Police / Fire Brigade Unusual   Police / Fire Brigade Unusual  

Police / Fire Brigade Unusual  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Police / Fire Brigade Unusual
    P
    Many

?

It is an original buckle and it looks like it has the remains of a gold finish. I have never seen a Water/traffic Police buckle from Wiedmann.

Wouldn't think it is Fire Police related. I have never seen a Fire Police buckle with a tab. Most are 4 tab private purchase types.

Strange to see a tab with two different stamping. Most buckle makers bought their tabs from a leather company.

An odd but interesting buckle.

Kirby

?

Thanks Kirby..As stated.. These all look alike to me...Were different colors allocated to different departments ?? Fire, Water, & Police ?? I am not familiar with these.. I thought that perhaps it may
    be a interesting thread to discuss why this may have occoured ....Again Thanks for your input...
    I hope in the future we as a Forum can unravel certain theories ...Gwar

?

Hello. They did have different colors. Gold was Water/Traffic Police. The dark almost black were Fire Police and your buckle does look like the front might have been painted black and that has mostly worn away. Regular Municipal and Rural Police wore various shades of silver and grey. Your buckle has a little bit of everything plus the double marked tab.

I wonder of Weidmann used the tab rather than waste it and stamp over the original stamp to the buckle (if that makes sense)?
    Ben

Nice buckle. Not so strange to see the double mark....but strange to see it from two different makers! Interesting indeed. I don't think it makes the buckle rare - but it is interesting for sure!
    Thanks for sharing it with us!

Rob

Hello,

i see here a normal Police buckle with most of his silver grey anodized finish .

The dark places are only patinaded .

The first stamp is from a only leather maker and the second from Wiedman how made this buckle .

Look here : SMC - WWII German - K98 Pouch - Manufacturers MNO
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

nice buckle.