Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Polizei Assmann

Article about: Hello, would show my new police buckle made by Assmann 1941 ........... Light worn but IMO good condition :

I also agree Markus, I think these were a last ditch buckle, made of Pot metal or monkey metal, die cast zinc, white metal. Very low quality metal which is evident from the pictures
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Polizei Assmann
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    I also agree Markus, I think these were a last ditch buckle, made of Pot metal or monkey metal, die cast zinc, white metal. Very low quality metal which is evident from the pictures
    Ben, I have read that these were made in different countries.... Any thoughts ??? G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Hello,

i read this too but no one can confirm this.
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

?

Quote by yellow12 View Post
    Hello,

Just my "Thoughts" Markus.... Nice example though, Either way... G

?

Quote by yellow12 View Post
    Hello,

One more "Question" Markus... Does the tab resemble an early "Clothes protector" in your opinion ?? G

That is another question entirely, is the tab original to the buckle? a 1941 tab on a late war buckle, could it have been put on there period as a replacement? That is not the normal tab that was issued with these buckles, just food for thought
    Ben

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    That is another question entirely, is the tab original to the buckle? a 1941 tab on a late war buckle, could it have been put on there period as a replacement? That is not the normal tab that was issued with these buckles, just food for thought
    That is a very "Great" observation and one I did not think of... that is why "You are the Man" Ben !! G

Hello,

it's made of leather substitutes . Think this answered you question .........
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Quote by Gwar View Post
    One more "Question" Markus... Does the tab resemble an early "Clothes protector" in your opinion ?? G
    I thought that it were a fact that the tab on the buckles was for protection. So it is not a fact???

And Markus, what does it mean when the tab is leather substitute? I cant figure it out. Is it late war when leather was hard to find or something? I'm sorry for hard or stupid questions but I have to ask

Have a nice weekend all my Koppelschloss Kameraden

?

I have seen lots of these ugly Police buckles over the years. The bulk of them with the unmarked tab in the low grade or artificial leather. You can also find these in sets with a lower quality belt and catch. A dealer I know on WAF said he bought several sets from a US vet at a hotel buy a long time ago.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polizei Assmann   Polizei Assmann  

Polizei Assmann   Polizei Assmann  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast