Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Polizie: Is this buckle real or fake...

Article about: I almost didn't post this, but then came across Ben Evans great thread where I saw a two piece buckle that looked almost exactly like this one so I figured what the heck. So...is this real o

?

Default Polizie: Is this buckle real or fake...

I almost didn't post this, but then came across Ben Evans great thread where I saw a two piece buckle that looked almost exactly like this one so I figured what the heck.

So...is this real or fake? To me it looks to be in too good a condition to be real, but then I guess it is possible.

Thoughts??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polizie: Is this buckle real or fake...   Polizie: Is this buckle real or fake...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Polizie: Is this buckle real or fake...
    P
    Many

Default re: Polizie: Is this buckle real or fake...

Looks ok by me

At first glance it looks ok and could be made by Assmann, do you have better pics of the prongs and the end of the prongs?

Thanks
    Ben

?

Look at the points on the prongs there are burrs on each which i believe would have been removed by a maker such as Assmann ,Also there is a slight distortion at the top side of the bevelled relief.There is evidence that this buckle has been used but i can see no scuff marks at all on the raised lettering. There would be signs of some sort ,ie leaning against a table, a bar, unless were saying a completely unissued item then why the marks on the inside,. Im not sure about this one maybe more informed comments needed .

?

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Sorry for taking so long to get back.

Here are a few more photos with emphasis on the prongs. Hopefully this will give you some more clarity. You can get some pretty good detail from these shots when you click on them to enlarge to full size.

Does your gut tell you this is the real deal, or a fake?

Thanks!
    Dzyner
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polizie: Is this buckle real or fake...   Polizie: Is this buckle real or fake...  

Polizie: Is this buckle real or fake...