Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Possible to ID maker?

Article about: I am at a loss when it comes to Identifying the maker of this late war buckle. Thought I might put it 'out there' and see if anyone might gander a guess? Cheers guys! Rob

Default Possible to ID maker?

I am at a loss when it comes to Identifying the maker of this late war buckle. Thought I might put it 'out there' and see if anyone might gander a guess?

Cheers guys!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Possible to ID maker?   Possible to ID maker?  

Possible to ID maker?   Possible to ID maker?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Possible to ID maker?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Possible to ID maker?

Never seen pebbling like that before!...

Hey Gunny....It's a late war model...these don't come up for sale often....I don't think they are very rare...but still not often seen.
    Cheers!

Rob

I still think these are unknown Rob I have never seen one marked on the buckle or the tab it is known Seiper and Schroder used injection molding maybe one of these as a last? ditch buckle
    Ben

Thanks for your insight Ben! Yeah....I've never been able to figure it out.....good to know that Schoder and RSS used the injection modling techniques....perhaps you are right? Thanks man!

Rob

Aslo Rob, think about all the HJ molded buckles so really the list could be quite big !!!
    Ben

Hmmm....good point.....EEK!

?

Hello.

I would not consider it a late war buckle. Tabs stopped being in 1942. I have one of these on a matching belt and it is just like the tab.

I also would not consider it very rare, I have had 3-4 these and I have seen lots of them over the years.

?

Quote by kirby View Post

I would not consider it a late war buckle. Tabs stopped being in 1942. I have one of these on a matching belt and it is just like the tab.
    Not correct! This applies not to police buckles, as they had a leather tongue at least till 1943 (remember Dicke traffic police buckle).

I would claim it is nearly impossible to identify this particular maker. The buckle bears no characteristics wich I have ever seen on another (named) buckle.

Best regards and a HAPPY NEW YEAR to all,
    Guido

Thanks for looking guys!

Rob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast