Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Prussian Feldgendarmerie

Article about: Just in, didn't know much about this buckle before getting this one, anyone seen them before? Nickel plated over steel.

Default Prussian Feldgendarmerie

Just in, didn't know much about this buckle before getting this one, anyone seen them before?

Nickel plated over steel.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prussian Feldgendarmerie   Prussian Feldgendarmerie  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prussian Feldgendarmerie
    P
    Many

Great looking buckle. Is this correct in assuming these were used by feldgendarmerie? I thought they were used by the fire dept. but I could very well be wrong. I have a similar example that displays a maker mark on the reverse that I do not recognize.
    I too would love to hear more about these buckles.

Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prussian Feldgendarmerie   Prussian Feldgendarmerie  

Prussian Feldgendarmerie   Prussian Feldgendarmerie  

Prussian Feldgendarmerie  

I got it from Ben and that's what he advised me.... I don't know anything about them, so would love to hear any background also.

I will find a site that I got the info from and post the link
    Ben

?

Hi all,

The Feldgendarmerie was part of the army and would have worn the standard brass buckle with nickle roundel. The all-silver version is known for the Berlin fire brigade, being described and illustrated in dress regulations dating from the beginning of the 1900s. It may have been worn by the Fußgendarmerie, a branch of the Prussian police. Over on the WAF, a German collector has posted a number of period photographs showing Fußgendarmerie officials wearing a box buckle, but I can't make out the details.

Kind regards
    Karl

Whatever it's usage, I still like it. Nice to have something just a bit different...