Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question. G.H osang police buckle.

Article about: Hi I have a G.H osang police buckle with tab that I picked up a few months ago when I was going through a buckle collecting frenzy, the buckle I'm sure is good the tab however seems to me to

Default Question. G.H osang police buckle.

Hi I have a G.H osang police buckle with tab that I picked up a few months ago when I was going through a buckle collecting frenzy, the buckle I'm sure is good the tab however seems to me to have been added later as the stitching appears new. My question, is the buckle considered fairly scarce as I cannot seem to find much information on this particular maker and also the tab being a later addition would that make the buckle less desirable? Thanks for any help and your opinions in advance.

Cheers John.Question. G.H osang police buckle.Question. G.H osang police buckle.Question. G.H osang police buckle.Question. G.H osang police buckle.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question. G.H osang police buckle.
    P
    Many

?

The buckle in question is fine IMO... The tunic protector is usually found on early 1936 or 1937 examples as they (Buckles) tended to tear or rip the tunic... I will bow down to other opinions from Ben, Kirby and Marcus though !!
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Thanks for the info gwar much appreciated

John, very nice buckle by hard to find maker in very good condition, good find mucker
    Ben

Thanks Ben , I was considering selling it on as I've a small layaway on an SS rodo buckle but think I will hang onto it now

Whilst not included within the anointed trinity of Ben, Kirby and Marcus - ONLY JOKING GWAR !- a really super Police buckle and which has the feature and in my opinion, of a highly desirable manufacturers mark.

The leather tunic protector device is I think so typical of this buckle maker. Quite light grade leather and almost an afterthought application with dreadful quality period stitching, a "grey" obverse finish and complete with a somewhat randomly applied, stamped in makers mark oval.

Excellent buckle.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

Quote by Johndevon View Post
    Thanks Ben , I was considering selling it on as I've a small layaway on an SS rodo buckle but think I will hang onto it now
    Did you buy the bargain RODO that popped up on eStand? It went fast. On the Police buckle I did a search and every Osang Police I found was unmarked. So it must be rare to have a marked wide Police style tab.

Thanks David , great information and glad you like it

Hi kirby, I didn't see the RODO on estand the one I'm getting popped up on a uk dealers website it hasn't much paint left and has signs of wear to the high points but was a really good price so I just couldn't refuse, that will be my second SS buckle an early aluminium one will be next on the list .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast