Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Water or Harbour Police buckle?

Article about: I was given this belt buckle by the widow of a man who visited Germany in 1950 during a break from college. I was helping her clean out as she was moving and it was among the things she gave

Default Water or Harbour Police buckle?

I was given this belt buckle by the widow of a man who visited Germany in 1950 during a break from college. I was helping her clean out as she was moving and it was among the things she gave me in payment. He didn't write much about the trip but I know Europe had to have been just totally destroyed still at the time. I don't really know anything about it. There are no makers markings on the belt buckle itself. The leather tab has an oval with a maker name but all I can read is the city: Ludensheid. Below the oval the tab is dated 1942. There is little to no wear on this piece. If it was issued it was not used much. If you can tell me anything about it I would appreciate it. I also am looking for a ballpark price as this might go in the for sale or trade section soon. Mainly though I want to know what it is.
    thanks
    Sam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Water or Harbour Police buckle?   Water or Harbour Police buckle?  

Water or Harbour Police buckle?   Water or Harbour Police buckle?  

Water or Harbour Police buckle?   Water or Harbour Police buckle?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Water or Harbour Police buckle?
    P
    Many

Default re: Water or Harbour Police buckle?

Hello,
    that is a very nice police buckel.

Have a look on thise page;
    M4 Makers
    to see if you can find a name according to yours of all makers in Lüdenscheid.

That Sam is an absolutely cracking Water/Harbour Police buckle by the firm Assmann with a pig skin leather tab in stonemint condition, what a buckle Assmann were the only firm to put the date on the leather support tab outside of the circle and also look at the bent prongs, yet another typical Assmann trait, very nice buckle and an excellent find
    Ben

?

A very nice Wasserschutz Polizei buckle!
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Default Re: Water or Harbour Police buckle?

I don't think that I have heard of the water police before. Is that like what the coast guard does for harbor patrol? Is this a rare piece?
    thanks
    Sam

Sure is a true "One looker" Nice one

Sah-weet piece! That one is most certainly an unissued piece! And it couldn't have been kept in a junk drawer either! Cool!

Rob

No it was not found in a junk drawer :-). I found it in a box of papers in in the attic. Most of it related to the time he was in college but some also concerned his service in the Korean War as well as while he was a country Director for CARE (among other places in Vietnam from 66 to 68). He had an interesting life. If there is a good place to post Vietnam War stuff I will take some pictures and put up another interesting collection.

For anyone interested I am going to put this buckle up in the for sale section. Thanks for the information on it.
    Sam