Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

1939 Black Wound Badge (1939 Verwundetenabzeichen im Schwartz)

Article about: Hi Sebastien, "EH" is Eduard Hahn Oberstein/Nahe They had the code number "126". Not a rare maker. Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: 1939 Black Wound Badge (1939 Verwundetenabzeichen im Schwartz)

Hi Stafan, thanks, the EH is a favourite of mine. I've never seen an Imperial one. I wonder if anyone has one to post? Cheers, Richard.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Black Wound Badge (1939 Verwundetenabzeichen im Schwartz)
    P
    Many

Ooooops, I made a mistake. I had an "ES" and an "HT". I no longer have either, but here they are.

First, the ES marked variety in silver.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 Black Wound Badge (1939 Verwundetenabzeichen im Schwartz)   1939 Black Wound Badge (1939 Verwundetenabzeichen im Schwartz)  

[B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Here is the HT in black painted steel...BIG mark.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 Black Wound Badge (1939 Verwundetenabzeichen im Schwartz)   1939 Black Wound Badge (1939 Verwundetenabzeichen im Schwartz)  

[B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Brilliant badges The first WW1 maker marked one's I've seen. Thanks for posting Stafan, Cheers, Richard.

?

Nice badges Richard

But I am sorry to say that the badge in your post #2
    is a "quite new" fake

Cheers,
    Ronny

Quote by Ronny View Post
    Nice badges Richard

is a "quite new" fake

Cheers,
    Ronny
    Wow, a dear old friend that I haven't talked to in forever! It does my heart good to see you my dear friend, and I mean that. Geeeessshhhhh, this site has really picked up some fantastic guys recently.

For those of you who don't know Ronny, he is a true gentleman, a VERY knowledgeable Wound Badge collector, and a fine individual overall. His presence here is a huge plus.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

I know Ronny from GCA & yes you're right Steven. Stewy S

Quote by Ronny View Post
    Nice badges Richard

is a "quite new" fake

Cheers,
    Ronny
    Hi Ronny, thanks for the feedback. I find it hard to believe the #2 is a fake. The photos don't show it; but the wear to the badge & pin & rust stains to the back seem very old & honest. What are the indicators that it is a fake? Cheers, Richard.

?

Hi Richard

Here are some pictures of the "New German made fake"

Very low rim, high hinge, the dog bone look bow, no rivet on the back
    of the helmet and the straight veins in the leaves are just some wrongs
    with this badge.

They can be found with light "new" rust and in mint condition and in fake
    Frank & Reif paper bags

They have been around some years now

The same typ of fake are in Don's thread https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...badge-10148-2/

Cheers,
    Ronny

Hi Ronny, thanks for the info. I see what you mean. Mine has all the features you've mentioned except the high hinge. But all the same it's one for the bin I'm afraid!! Cheers, Richard.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast