Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

20 Juli 1944 Verwundetenabzeichen Adolf Hitlers Wolf Lair bomb survivors

Article about: by Glenn66 True, I reckon the novelty of looking at one WB would soon wear off compared to the joy of a full EK collection. Imagine being able to carry your entire collection around in your

Default 20 Juli 1944 Verwundetenabzeichen Adolf Hitlers Wolf Lair bomb survivors

I saw this posted with a very long story and just out of curiosity I wanted to see if this is real? The story is fascinating and the item sold for $20,000.

Regards,

Sam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 20 Juli 1944 Verwundetenabzeichen Adolf Hitlers Wolf Lair bomb survivors  
    Last edited by Adrian; 01-07-2012 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 20 Juli 1944 Verwundetenabzeichen Adolf Hitlers Wolf Lair bomb survivors
    P
    Many

Default Re: Gold wound badge Adolf Hitlers Wolf Lair bomb survivors

Where was this for sale? That is some serious price... 20K.... wow! It better be real.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

I think I might have sold my cars to buy it!!! LOL. Then I would have to bike everywhere!! Here is the link its towards the bottom.

TRD - Medals, Awards Third Reich Depot World War II Nazi Germany military collectables

A lot of sold items on that site, a mystery as to why they have not been removed. I don´t know that website. And have never seen such a WB before.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

These were a specific wound badge issued to those wounded during Stauffenbergs failed attempt on Hitlers life , 20 Juli 1944 , as far as i can recall only about 20 were made and issued as such they are a very rare piece and as such would command a very high price amongst collectors , due to this they have of course been faked !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Paul, is this a fake, you think? I´m *clueless*
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

I think $20000 would be a bargain IF this were genuine. I've read somewhere that of the 20 issued, only 14 are known to be in existence still and my memory is fuzzy but I seem to recall someone claiming that an original sold 2 years ago for $200000.

200000.....!
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Hi, Sam

As stated above this was awarded to members present during the assassination attempt. These were made of solid silver and presented by AH himself. According to its description in my book, these awards were never meant to be worn. Although, Keitel and Jodl wore them whilst in AH's presence after the fact. 24 badges were awarded in total.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

That is an insane price to pay for a wound badge I just could not bring myself to do it . With that kind of money I could buy a lot of Third Reich items to add to my collection.

All thoe it be a wonderfull piece if it is real my wife and then my banker would kill me in that order.

Regards Mark K

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast