Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

57er Deumer Silver wound badge....

Article about: Gentlemen, a couple of 57er Deumer's have come my way in last few days...a KvK (discussed on a separate thread) and a Silver class wound badge ! As I already have a Black one, just need a Go

Default 57er Deumer Silver wound badge....

Gentlemen, a couple of 57er Deumer's have come my way in last few days...a KvK (discussed on a separate thread) and a Silver class wound badge ! As I already have a Black one, just need a Gold one to complete the set....Here is the Silver wound badge with its distinctive Deumer style helmet design (missing its rear liner pin).....the rear fastener hardware is not used on any other 57er Deumer badges just on the wound badges !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 57er Deumer Silver wound badge....   57er Deumer Silver wound badge....  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 57er Deumer Silver wound badge....
    P
    Many

Default Re: 57er Deumer Silver wound badge....

that's very nice Steve.

Very Nice.
    I want one like yours.

Regards.,

Von River

?

Nice one! Now can you date the time period this one was made? It appears early but I just don't really know enough yet to make a positive call.

Hagen.....an early Deumer such as this can be around the 1957-1962 period (it is the fastener hardware that determines age/period) ...it was until recently thought that Deumer had stopped making its 1957 range in the early 1960's....however there is discussions and research afoot that believe it could be well into the late 60's when they (Deumer) stopped production......It would appear that some Deumer's have recently appeared with St u L hardware and it is these examples that it is believed, may be late Deumer's......The company (Deumer) still exists today, see here History « Deumer however like St u L they will not discuss their involvement in production of the 57 range !
    Prost ! Steve.

Lovely example Steve!
    Congratulations!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Steve by hic-cup I mean you have a double post.

?

Quote by oradour View Post
    Hagen.....an early Deumer such as this can be around the 1957-1962 period (it is the fastener hardware that determines age/period) ...it was until recently thought that Deumer had stopped making its 1957 range in the early 1960's....however there is discussions and research afoot that believe it could be well into the late 60's when they (Deumer) stopped production......It would appear that some Deumer's have recently appeared with St u L hardware and it is these examples that it is believed, may be late Deumer's......The company (Deumer) still exists today, see here History « Deumer however like St u L they will not discuss their involvement in production of the 57 range !
    Prost ! Steve.

Thanks for your response Steve. I have a 57 EK1, my only 57er to date by St.&L and was told it was also an early version going by the hardware.

I find myself paying more attention to these 57 pieces as of late. Some of the earlier ones have some very nice detail to them.

Again congratulations on a very nice looking swb.

Mike

Thanks Mike..they can be addictive !
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Quote by oradour View Post
    Thanks Mike..they can be addictive !
    Prost ! Steve.
    They can be that gents I see myself looking more often now..I might need some help!!!! lol. Thanks for posting Steve another excellent badge. Cheers Terry.