Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Aluminum Verwundeten aubzeichen part II

Article about: Hello, A while ago I posted a thread about a possible aluminum wound badge I saw. I finally got the photos so I decided to revamp the discussion by making a second thread! Some photos have f

G43
    ?

Default Aluminum Verwundeten aubzeichen part II

Hello,

A while ago I posted a thread about a possible aluminum wound badge I saw. I finally got the photos so I decided to revamp the discussion by making a second thread! Some photos have flash and others are without. Opinions? Thanks.

Aluminum Verwundeten aubzeichen part IIAluminum Verwundeten aubzeichen part IIAluminum Verwundeten aubzeichen part IIAluminum Verwundeten aubzeichen part IIAluminum Verwundeten aubzeichen part IIAluminum Verwundeten aubzeichen part IIAluminum Verwundeten aubzeichen part IIAluminum Verwundeten aubzeichen part IIAluminum Verwundeten aubzeichen part IIAluminum Verwundeten aubzeichen part II

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Aluminum Verwundeten aubzeichen part II
    P
    Many

?

Hi G43
    What points to this badge being made of aluminium? The dot pattern between the sword
    hilts is decidedly wobbly & the hinge is not something usually seen on these badges. The
    reverse photos show evidence of scrubbing or sanding & the patina whether real or artificial
    has been removed in places. I love a nice wound badge but personally, & in all honesty, I would
    give this one a miss.

Regards
    Brett

Interesting piece. This is a 'Chaos pattern fake' badge that has had a new backplate soldered to the rear of this hollow badge to make it appear solid, and very well done it is too. This type of badge construction was common in Imperial badges of all sorts, it's called "Hohl Verbödet", but is not found in use by any manufacturers during the TR period. I would imagine the reason they're calling it 'Aluminium' is as it would be significantly lighter than any other solid wound badge. I'll bet it's from the same source that fooled Philippe De Bock a few years back until it was proven fake. There's an article about it on GCA explaining all, but you have to be a member to read it.

One thing is for sure, a lot of skill and hardwork went into producing this badge for little monetary gain I would think. Below are some photo's of the bogus badge that is the same in everyway as the one posted here.

Regards, Ned.
    Attached Images Attached Images Aluminum Verwundeten aubzeichen part II  Aluminum Verwundeten aubzeichen part II  Aluminum Verwundeten aubzeichen part II  Aluminum Verwundeten aubzeichen part II  Aluminum Verwundeten aubzeichen part II  Aluminum Verwundeten aubzeichen part II 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

As Ned said it's curious that somebody would devote so much time and effort into making it!....

The dealer who was originally selling these was named Schulz or Schultz, not sure of the spelling, and they first appeared at a large Berlin show back in 2007. They are quite rare in themselves, and still fool a lot of advanced collectors today.

BTW, Herr S. is nothing to do with me or my avatar, let's just get that straight....
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    The dealer who was originally selling these was named Schulz or Schultz, not sure of the spelling, and they first appeared at a large Berlin show back in 2007. They are quite rare in themselves, and still fool a lot of advanced collectors today.

BTW, Herr S. is nothing to do with me or my avatar, let's just get that straight....
    Aluminum Verwundeten aubzeichen part II
    It might have been the bloke on the left Ned, he was a bit of a con man!...

I will still stick to my original post on your original thread.
    Ralph.
    Quote by rbminis View Post
    IMHO, I think that is unlikely. I still feel that if someone were going to pay to have a private purchase example made, it would likely be made by a jeweler and from real silver.
    Besides, never heard of one made from aluminum before.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

well I think Ned has nailed this one to the floor.bang.

A thread on WAF that raises concerns about the same badge from back in late 2006.

Plated Back Hollow Wound Badge - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Regards, Ned.

G43
    ?

Thank you all for finally resolving this interesting piece!