Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

black werwundetenabzeichen made from some kind of plasic

Article about: anyone seen before ,some black wound badge made from "plastic" probaly made at the end of the war gr andreas

You can just imagine the upsettingly stark realisation becoming polarized in the mind of the recipients of these awards that Germany had had it irregardless of their efforts that entailed blood, sweat and tears when being presented with something that looked like it had fell off a Christmas or Wedding cake......
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement black werwundetenabzeichen made from some kind of plasic
    P
    Many

?

Hello Andreas
    I would be looking for impeccable provenance on these items & would not give one
    iota for a dealers sales spiel. Are these badges period or not? How would anyone
    really know?

Regards
    Brett

im not sure if its periode made or not , the fact is the do exist ,and nobody will pay 900 euro for a plastic badge ...
    but this verwundetenabzeichen will cost around 80 euro
    so its not a lot of mony ,but its not cheap as well...i will try a shoot and for at least it is a verry intresting item....

I have a vague memory of seeing black plastic verwundenabzeichen's being sold for re enactors a good few years back.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Hi Andreas
    Of course they exist. The question is are they authentic? If you are comfortable
    spending 80 Euro on a doubtful black badge, well more power to you! After
    all, it's your money.

Regards
    Brett

authentic?...yep ...thats the big question ....that was the first thing i ask on this forum ...dont get me wrong hahaha

maybe i can make an expertise for this item ....

There is documentary evidence that the PKZ office of Dr. Heinrich Doehle contacted the firm of Wilhelm Deumer with regard to producing, specifically, wound badges in a material other than that of a metal/alloy. They were asked to evaluate/experiment using a then new and futuristic material called 'Kunstoff', or in english basically, plastic. This would have entailed the firm having to invest in new tooling for these experiments to go ahead. It becomes apparent from reading a translation of one of the documents concerning this sanctioned experimentation that things were not going too well at the time (suprisingly early in the war it could be said), and it cannot be proven with certainty either way at this moment if they eventually cracked it and moved onto even a limited production of this new type material badge. Here is the letter:

19th August 1941

Dear Mr Conze

I confirm the reciept of your letter dated 16. August 1941 along with the Examples of the Wound badge made from a Pressed Mass. (Injection moulded)
    It is my opinion that this Example is of no use, because the Pressed Mass is too weak.
    The Wound badges have to be able to withstand rigorous abuse, they need to show more strength and resistible as these that you have shown us.
    In order for us to even think about using any other material than Metal, it must first be made determined that all the other aspects of the new material are better than those from metal
    This here, is not the case though. Maybe there is a way to make this new material more resistant and strong enough

I am happy that the talk with Mr Hedemann went well and was positive

Signed, Dr Dohle.

An interesting possibility don't you think? And one that leaves this discussion more open to further investigation rather than merely poo-pooing the possibilities out of hand, there is much still unknown and facts lost, awaiting rediscovery when it comes to awards of the 3rd Reich....

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

As always young Neddie Seegoon comes up with the goods!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

well thanks Ned ,you did it again !!!
    now im gone pic up that medal for sure ,i hope i will "win"this medal in this auction
    its sure wourth a try !

where did you find this letter ....on internet ???
    wil you pass me the link ,that would be great
    thanks in advance
    gr andreas

i will show the medal when i have my hands on it !!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast