Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ehrenkreuz für Hinterbliebene

Article about: Just picked up my first Hindenburg cross!! This type was presented to the next-of-kin Never really fancied collecting these before but after seeing some of the members collections they reall

Default Ehrenkreuz für Hinterbliebene

Just picked up my first Hindenburg cross!!

This type was presented to the next-of-kin

Never really fancied collecting these before but after seeing some of the members collections they really appeal!

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ehrenkreuz für Hinterbliebene   Ehrenkreuz für Hinterbliebene  

Ehrenkreuz für Hinterbliebene  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ehrenkreuz für Hinterbliebene
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ehrenkreuz für Hinterbliebene

All I can say is that it is a very attractive cross. I have always wanted to buy one of these but I never did for some reason.

Oddly enough, I have never bought one either. I really should.

Nice example.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I used to have a few of these, but they went when I sold most of my medal collection. They are a good looking medal.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

You can add my name to the 'haven't bought one yet, really should get around to it.........sometime........' club. I have no idea why, they're cheap and easy to find and quite a nice medal. I actually prefer the black next of kin award over and above the other types.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Yea, these and TR verwundetenabzeichen in schwarz just never made it into my collection. When are your birthdays? I'll have get myself one and give them to you guys as birthday presents. haha

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Yea, these and TR verwundetenabzeichen in schwarz just never made it into my collection. When are your birthdays? I'll have get myself one and give them to you guys as birthday presents. haha
    I can provide you with a birthday present list Mo. I'm not sure the above mentioned awards are on it though........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    I will take you up on that Mo

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

KSH
    ?

These are simple, but great looking and very affordable on a material plane. On a more "spiritual" plane I find these especially interesting seeing that they are directly related to the earlier "Victory medals" of the German Empire and the Prussian Kingdoms. The fact that WWI was a tremendous loss for the Germans makes it even more interesting, because as you all probably know Hindenburg (who was mainly responsible for instituting Das Ehrenkreuz des Weltkrieges) was certainly very involved in the making of the so-called Dolchstoßlegende - "The Stab in the Back Legend". All earlier such participation medals were in fact only instituted after a victory...

Here are two forerunners of the medal in question above, the first one from the Prussian Kingdom and the second one from the German Empire. The "Hindenburg Cross" was based on these earlier decorations.

Perhaps Nick this is the way out of your collecting WW2 exclusively?

Kriegsdenkmünze für Kämpfer 1813-1814:

Ehrenkreuz für HinterbliebeneEhrenkreuz für Hinterbliebene

Kriegsdenkmünze für die Feldzüge 1870–71:

Ehrenkreuz für HinterbliebeneEhrenkreuz für Hinterbliebene

By the way, I only own one each of the three types of Das Ehrenkreuz des Weltkrieges as of now.

- Kenneth

You never know Kenneth

Nice medals you show

Nick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast