Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz II and Verwundetenabzeichen in Black: Authentic Pieces?

Article about: I was sent these pictures of these two pieces recently and just wanted to check my assessment with you all as they're selling rather cheaply. The wound badge appears original to me and after

Default Eisernes Kreuz II and Verwundetenabzeichen in Black: Authentic Pieces?

I was sent these pictures of these two pieces recently and just wanted to check my assessment with you all as they're selling rather cheaply. The wound badge appears original to me and after some comparison I think it's good. I'm not sure about the EK II however and only have these two photos of it. Any opinions on these two pieces would be great.

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz II and Verwundetenabzeichen in Black: Authentic Pieces?   Eisernes Kreuz II and Verwundetenabzeichen in Black: Authentic Pieces?  

Eisernes Kreuz II and Verwundetenabzeichen in Black: Authentic Pieces?   Eisernes Kreuz II and Verwundetenabzeichen in Black: Authentic Pieces?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz II and Verwundetenabzeichen in Black: Authentic Pieces?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Eisernes Kreuz II and Verwundetenabzeichen in Black: Authentic Pieces?

Wound badge seems OK, but the EKII is questionable, IMO.

I don't like the smaller ring - it appears thicker than normal,
    and there is a ton of surface scuffing to the black
    interior of the cross.

Anyone else care to comment.....?
    Regards,

Steve.

Default Re: Eisernes Kreuz II and Verwundetenabzeichen in Black: Authentic Pieces?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Wound badge seems OK, but the EKII is questionable, IMO.

I don't like the smaller ring - it appears thicker than normal,
    and there is a ton of surface scuffing to the black
    interior of the cross.

Anyone else care to comment.....?
    I agree
    the wound badge is Ok
    But the cross I am not liking it I would pass.

Adam, I would agree with the lads. The EKs details are worrying. It might just be the quality of the photo but I personally wouldnt risk that one.

I would have the Wound badge in my collection though

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

It's impossible to give a definite answer about the EK2 as the photos are awful. As pointed out, the thick suspension ring is not looking good but that's the only detail we can see. Any chance of better photos?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....