Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

First items purchased -Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz

Article about: Hello Everyone I have been posting in the Helmet area and they suggested i post Pics of my first few Items in the proper area's so I hope this is in the right place, and if not please move.

RMD
    ?

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    There were three grades of wound badge. Black, silver and gold. In ascending order, they were awarded depending on the severity of the injury, or being repeatedly wounded in the line of duty. The gold badge was one award you didn't want to end up with, as the types of wounds it was typically awarded for included loss of limb and 'loss of manhood' among others.

The black badges remain one of the cheapest TR combat badges to collect. They're a very good place to start, and you can build up a good sized collection of them with comparatively little monetary expenditure.

You'll find them in both brass (early production) and steel (mid-/late war production). Yours appears to be the latter. Brass badges are sometimes mistaken for gold ones by beginner collectors, usually when all of the black paint has either been worn off or deliberately removed. Personally, I find brass badges with just the right amount of wear to be far more attractive than minty ones.

Welcome to the forum, and happy collecting!

Regards, B.B.
    Nice, detailed information... Thanks'

Take care.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First items purchased -Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz
    P
    Many

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2