Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Gold, Siver and Black Verwundetenabzeichen

Article about: Hey guys, I am looking to get myself some woundbadges. I dont have any in my collection so far so I am no expert in these. Any oppinions on these woundbadges from the photos? (Really sorry f

Default Re: Gold, Siver and Black Verwundetenabzeichen

Good advice from everyone.

There are enough good examples of black WBs around to make finding a good genuine example easy enough, silvers are not too tricky either but of course it takes much of the risk out of the equation if you buy from a reputable dealer, especially if there is a money back policy. Good condition golds are certainly around but you have to be prepared to pay handsomely for them. Personally I prefer to pay the dealer prices in most cases in order to avoid the doubt factor and especially to avoid the gut wrenching moment when you post your pride and joy on the forum and learn you've been suckered. Wherever possible, even with dealer purchases it's advisable to post the item for discussion prior to purchase.

This way you should avoid laying awake at night wondering "is it genuine?" and instead be able to gaze proudly over...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gold, Siver and Black Verwundetenabzeichen
    P
    Many

Very nice, and typically Glenn-mint

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by StuG III View Post
    For the purpose of educating ourselves, I went today and took photos of the 3 badges that 3volv3 originally started the thread with. First up is the gold which does indeed look like a Floch copy.
    Tom
    Hey Tom, thank you so much for getting better photos! Wow, what a big difference in how these look from your photos and what the dealer sent me! I would have been really upset to get these in the post

Thank you all for the valuable advice

So my hunt for minty wound badges continues!

Thanks Nick. Mine is marked 4 on the pin and offset. I compared it to others which also had the "4" offset. I think it is S & L maybe??

Heck Glenn, what a beauty of a set. All by the same maker?

Nico, you are most welcome. Decent photos are a must. Good luck with the hunt.
    Tom

Quote by sam1chlt View Post
    Thanks Nick. Mine is marked 4 on the pin and offset. I compared it to others which also had the "4" offset. I think it is S & L maybe??
    "4" is indeed S & L.
    Tom

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Heck Glenn, what a beauty of a set. All by the same maker?
    No, the BWB is a Funke & Bruninghaus and the SWB and GWB are the more common Vienna mint. Note the often encountered machining marks to the GWB alongside someone's sad attempt to see if the badge was 'solid' gold.

Yes, sadly this is seen quite often Glenn

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Here are my 3 grades, and some of my old WBs

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gold, Siver and Black Verwundetenabzeichen   Gold, Siver and Black Verwundetenabzeichen  

Attached Images Attached Images Gold, Siver and Black Verwundetenabzeichen  Gold, Siver and Black Verwundetenabzeichen 

nice!! Your SWB is an unmarked '30'?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast