Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this Gold Verwundetenabzeichen a repro?

Article about: I placed this wound badge for sale in your OLD for sale area for approx. 2 weeks, and nobody said anything. Then I placed it in the NEW area and somebody said it was a repro. I am not arguin

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default Is this Gold Verwundetenabzeichen a repro?

I placed this wound badge for sale in your OLD for sale area for approx. 2 weeks, and nobody said anything. Then I placed it in the NEW area and somebody said it was a repro. I am not arguing with anyone, I'd just like a couple of opinions before I ream out the guy I bought it from! The gent that said it was a repro called it a "Coke bottle pin" I believe. I scanned it open later - that's why the background is a different color.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this Gold Verwundetenabzeichen a repro?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Is this Gold Verwundetenabzeichen a repro?  Is this Gold Verwundetenabzeichen a repro? 

2. # ADS

Default re: Is this Gold Verwundetenabzeichen a repro?

Hi Guys, I should add that I am the person who PM'ed Bob about this badge. I must have missed it first time it was posted.

Now my name has not been mentioned here, and I suspect I know why. I think it is worth saying that just because I (or any other Mod for that matter ) makes a call on an item don't feel that you cannot disagree with us because of our forum title. We are all here to learn and look after one another. That is the purpose of this forum.

Now going back to the badge. These are a very dangerous fake. Many, many people have been fooled by these simply because of the sheer quality of the badge. This badge was made by a German named Johnnes Floch. This man has single handedly produced more high end quality fakes than any other I know of. This badge can be found with a variety of makers marks on it. "L/14" is another one encountered. But all feature this exact style of broad pin not found on ANY original WW2 wound badge. It has been given the name the "Coke Bottle" fake, due to the shape of the pin. He used the very same pin on his fake EK I. This badge also got featured in a book on awards by Chris Ailsby which muddied the waters even more. But they are fake. WAF has several threads about these.

You need to get a refund on this one.

Another forum friend of mine got taken with one of these for £90.

Cheers, Ade.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

I guess we should thank the bastard for using the distinctive "coke bottle" pin, or we wouldn't have a clue! I didn't mention your name because I hoped someone else would wade in here and voice their opposition to this pin, too. But you more or less covered the issue. I will call the guy I bought it from and try to get a refund. Thanks for your time.

Hi Bob, I hope you get your money back.

This Floch guy has caused so many collectors to loose money. I got took on 3 campaign shields made by him back in the early 1980's. They are £20 each back then. The quality of his fakes are all very very good. It is only in recent years that collectors are becoming aware of all his fakes due to forums like this.

Cheers, Ade.

Glad I just ran across this thread. It is indeed a "Floch" fake. I have learned from experience when purchasing higher end items such as a gold WB it is very important to do some research prior to making the deal. Make sure you get your money back. Good luck.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

The guy I bought it from took it back - and didn't even act surprised when I told him it was a fake. I wonder what that means?

I am really glad to hear that. Maybe the person who sold it to you didn't know better. Not every person who sells fakes does it on purpose. Sometimes honest mistakes are made, especially when it comes to "floch" fakes. Do some research on these fakes for future reference. Just to give you somthing to look for in the future...look at the pin. It is known as a type "B"Floch pin. This is a dead giveaway. When you look up info on these you will find out more about this setup and how to spot them. Good luck in the future and remember to do plenty of research.

Default Re: Is this Gold Verwundetenabzeichen a repro?

Seen one advertised on German Awards & Badges saying it has the coke bottle pin and going for £225.

I would like to open a discussion about copy's, I said so before; so lets do it.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Hi Odessa1

Here is my original L/14...

Greetz

Nick VR
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this Gold Verwundetenabzeichen a repro?   Is this Gold Verwundetenabzeichen a repro?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast