Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Here's my other collections, I'm sure some of these are fakes...

Article about: Pls feel free to comment whether these are fakes or not. I'll be posting a lot of my collections of 9 years. It's time to know the truth whether I'm holding a real or not... Thanks again guy

Default Re: Here's my other collections, I'm sure some of these are fakes...

German Stamps...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Here's my other collections, I'm sure some of these are fakes...   Here's my other collections, I'm sure some of these are fakes...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Here's my other collections, I'm sure some of these are fakes...
    P
    Many

?

Thank you for posting your collection.
    I'll take the first stab at it.
    Your 1939 EK2s all look fine. The example you think is marked '44' is actually a '24'. Have a look on the small ring soldered to the top of the cross to see if there is an extra mark there. The embroidered ribbon is great, have they been together since you obtained them?
    Your Imperial EKs look ok from the pics except the EK1 I'm not keen on this one from the image posted. Post them down in the Imperial section for the guys there to give you more informed opinions.
    The Kriegsverdienstkreuz and Mutter Kreuz are all fine.
    I'll let the guys who know more about the Tinnies and Verwundetenabzeichen comment on these.
    I would post the cloth and paperwork in the correct forums where the more knowledgeable collectors of these items can offer their thoughts and post the SS eagle and Edelweiss in the SS forum.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

A nice collection

Only couple of things I notice are the Edelweiss, I have not seen a cloth one without the stem before and the HJ badge has a questionable pin plate but better pics will show.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

A nice varied collection. As you feared, the silver & gold wound badges look bad, sorry.
    Tom

?

I agree on the EK2's. All looks fine to me.

There are some fakes in there. But the most curious thing is the embroidered EKII ribbon! I'm not willing to pass it off as some pathetic fake. Rather, I get the feeling it may have been a period made piece by some wife or girlfriend! Very curious to see something like that - an intriguing mystery.

?

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    But the most curious thing is the embroidered EKII ribbon! I'm not willing to pass it off as some pathetic fake. Rather, I get the feeling it may have been a period made piece by some wife or girlfriend! Very curious to see something like that - an intriguing mystery.
    I agree, it looks good and I like it. I hope saturno won't upset us by telling us it was made last week.........

?

Wow... nice collection! There are a lot of us on this forum who can speak German Saturno... and although they are someone's private thoughts and feelings and we really shouldn't be looking, I would dearly love to read some of those letters... just to know what these poor devils were thinking, how they were coping, etc. Maybe you can scan a few pages and post them into the correct forum sometime? Cheers... Hansi

Thanks to all your comments guys! I really appreciate it.

Regarding the embroidered EK2, I won't "upset" or disappoint you all. It wasn't made last week by my girlfriend or by my mother! It was already with the EK2 and that's the 2nd reason why I purchased it. The first reason was, it was marked with "24" and not "44" as correctly pointed out by Adrian.. Thanks Adrian, I think I need to go to my eye doctor!

Adrian - I thought I could find another marked but I can't be sure. So I 'm attaching the close up photos of the ring. Your eyes are better than mine!

Hansi - I will be photographing some of these letters as I am also very curious what these poor guys been writing.. Maybe I will be posting some tommorow.

wolfspear - yes, the Edelweiss patch is something else. That's why I'm posting it here , though I'm in the wrong thread for authenticity.. I will be posting the close up photos of the HJ badge tommorow too...

Again, thanks to all your comments and sorry for posting some items that does not belong here...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Here's my other collections, I'm sure some of these are fakes...   Here's my other collections, I'm sure some of these are fakes...  

Here's my other collections, I'm sure some of these are fakes...  

?

That definitely is an extra mark although I can't make head nor tail of what it is. Click here and see if you can find a match to examples posted previously.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast