Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

L/11 Deumer?

Article about: Hey guys, i picked this amazing badge up from William to complete my set. The maker mark is worn , all i make out is a faint L/? .....Thanks in advance for any help !!!!!!

Default Re: L/11 Deumer?

this is the catch that i would associate with a L/11,
    L/11 Deumer?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement L/11 Deumer?
    P
    Many

Quote by VonRiver View Post
    PKZ 92 from Rücker????
    That's a very sensible answer if looking at the reverse set up it's damn near identical! Unfortunately the obverse is not the same by a long chalk, the Rucker badge doesn't have a rivet on the rear of the helmet and the laurel leaves and berries are different in design.

Good spot on the set up though, your doing good.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    this is the catch that i would associate with a L/11,
    L/11 Deumer?
    That's right Morris, a 'C' shaped flat wire catch. If you look at the original post photo, all you can see is it's a flat wire type but not the shape, hence my asking for angled photo's.

Is there anything else you can add besides what has become obvious after the second set of pic's.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I have decided my best guess is an early buntmetal Steinhauer & Luck unmarked wound badge. It may be repainted though. They can be found unmarked, marked '4', and even '4' and L/16 apparently. The one below, although worn, matches the obverse and the catch and block hinge are also slightly recessed as is the one first posted here. I'm still not 100% on this tbh......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture L/11 Deumer?   L/11 Deumer?  

Another S&L '4', not the best pic's but it shows the set up.

L/11 Deumer?L/11 Deumer?L/11 Deumer?

Regards, Ned.

?

Thanks for all the input! I have no doubts...well,very little doubts that it is a real badge,it was purchased in our classifieds section from a reputable forum member. I believe in the original ad the maker was mentioned,when I inquired beccause I could not remember,the questioned maker was brought up. So perhaps the maker is completely wrong.....I guess my main concern would be ,is it a real badge? Thanks guys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2