Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

L/53 Verwundetenabzeichen (black)

Article about: Hi all, i think i just may have at last found a decent verwundetenabzeichen in black. Sorry the pictures are not to clever but my camera was playing hard ball. It looks to be marked L/53,but

Default L/53 Verwundetenabzeichen (black)

Hi all, i think i just may have at last found a decent verwundetenabzeichen in black. Sorry the pictures are not to clever but my camera was playing hard ball. It looks to be marked L/53,but if your guys can tell me anything more it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture L/53 Verwundetenabzeichen (black)   L/53 Verwundetenabzeichen (black)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement L/53 Verwundetenabzeichen (black)
    P
    Many

Default Re: L/53 Verwundetenabzeichen (black)

It looks o.k. Leon, but the pic's aren't the best. The hinge is slightly wider than i've seen on other Hymmen badges but it's probably a variation as the rest looks alright.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    It looks o.k. Leon, but the pic's aren't the best. The hinge is slightly wider than i've seen on other Hymmen badges but it's probably a variation as the rest looks alright.

Regards, Ned.
    Thanks Ned,i forgot to add that it is made of steel and not brass!! Leon

Difficult to tell with these photos Leon, but I do not see any red flags.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

It looks good to me

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hi Ned, i had another go with the camera but it may not help to much!! Leon
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture L/53 Verwundetenabzeichen (black)   L/53 Verwundetenabzeichen (black)  

Hi Leon,

I've had another look around this after, and the wider hinge is typical of the steel badges they made. The new pic's make me think yours is probably steel and therefore magnetic. I was thinking it was brass and the hinge is smaller on them than the I & II type steel pattern they produced. Whatever, it doesn't matter the badge is good.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks Ned,great to know it adds up to what i thought!! P.S, it is definatley made of steel, cheers, leon.