Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Need help with this Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz please

Article about: Hey I’m pretty sure this is a fake but would like to get a second opinion, please any help would greatly appreciated

Default Need help with this Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz please

Hey I’m pretty sure this is a fake but would like to get a second opinion, please any help would greatly appreciated

Last edited by rbminis; 09-23-2019 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help with this Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz please
    P
    Many

Looks original to me. An early black badge, made out of brass, with most of the paint missing. Some collectors prefer them with all the paint intact, but I think there's a charm to examples like this one. As long as they are sold as black class badges, and not as gold, as some dealers are wont to do.

Is there a maker's mark on the pin? It looks like there's one there, but I can't make it out in the photos provided.

Regards, B.B.

It certainly looks great. I agree with B.B. in which I prefer worn or very worn Wound badges 1939 in Black.

Please read this thread.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

They can be very attractive. Although some collectors prefer mint examples, those with a lot of wear and tear have their own appeal. I bought the example below from Espenlaub last year. A bit more of the paint visible on this one.

A shame about the bent catch on the one posted above. Apart from that, it's a very respectable badge!

Regards, B.B.

Hello,
    great examples of worn out badges
    thanks for sharing
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Hey thank you all for the help. I’m glad it doesn’t look like a fake. Makes me feel better about my purchase

?

I personally think it's fake again

Quote by kekel View Post
    I personally think it's fake again
    Why?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)