Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New badges, Verwundetenabzeichen, Ostmedaille

Article about: Hello all - Here are my newest badges: Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwartze (mm '16') and Ostmedaile (mm '76') Now I am trying to decide what to focus on. It's not easy, there are so many possi

Default New badges, Verwundetenabzeichen, Ostmedaille

Hello all -

Here are my newest badges:

Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwartze (mm '16')

and Ostmedaile (mm '76')

Now I am trying to decide what to focus on. It's not easy, there are so many possibilities, but then again not unlimited funds!

Here is the first 3 weeks of effort:

Regards,
    Roger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New badges, Verwundetenabzeichen, Ostmedaille  
    Last edited by roger9344; 01-06-2011 at 12:54 AM. Reason: correct spelling

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New badges, Verwundetenabzeichen, Ostmedaille
    P
    Many

Default Re: New badges, Verwundetenabzeichen, Ostmedaille

Yep all nice medals and a good starting point

I started with pretty much the same cheap, low end stuff and soon enough what you thought was expensive before suddenly sounds resonable and next thing you know you are throwing down $1000 on medals (like I did yesterday)

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Yep all nice medals and a good starting point

I started with pretty much the same cheap, low end stuff and soon enough what you thought was expensive before suddenly sounds resonable and next thing you know you are throwing down $1000 on medals (like I did yesterday)
    What did you buy Glenn

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Well Nick it sort of started off like this... last week i decided I had a thing for blue ribbons so i ordered a Polizei Dienstauszeichnung 8 Jahre...a nice enough medal but you can't have just the 8 year can you?

So I had to order the Polizei Dienstauszeichnung 18 Jahre...

Now I couldn't have the 8 year and 18 year getting all lonely so to keep them company I ordered the Polizei Dienstauszeichnung 25 Jahre.

Now in keeping with the long service (and blue ribbon) award theme I just had to get Heer 4 und 12 Jahre Dienstauszeichnung.

Then I ordered a selection of DRA and DRL sport badges as an addition to the bronze SA sports badge I received last week.

I just did a countback and yesterday only cost me $900...i'm not sure what last week cost but I know it was a 6-7 medal week, all with pretty blue ribbons!

Cheers
    Glenn

Superb purchases Glenn

I love your police medals particularly

I fell in love with the 25 year golden beauty a while ago and its takes all my will not to buy any more

here are my puppies

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images New badges, Verwundetenabzeichen, Ostmedaille 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Roger, sorry for hi jacking your thread ! you have come back with some really nice items, i look forward to seeing your collection grow!

Nick

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    I fell in love with the 25 year golden beauty a while ago and its takes all my will not to buy any more
    Any MORE?? How many have you got you madman?? Isn't one enough??

and yeah, sorry Roger about the highjack thing, looks like you are on the beginning of the slippery slope of TR militaria collection, enjoy the ride!

?

Roger, a good, solid start to a collection. I've said it before but my advice would be to decide what you enjoy collecting, what you enjoy looking at, concentrate on and learn that particular area. Don't be afraid to ask any questions or ask for advice. Good luck and keep us posted with how things progress.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

It is interesting to see threads take off on different directions. Now I have to see about some police items as well. I got another EK2 today, and a bronze Mother's Cross. I know the Mother's crosses aren't big-ticket items, but I had to go ahead and get the silver and gold as well. I am looking for a silver and a gold wound badge, but will try to stick with marked examples in good condition. We'll see.
    I enjoyed the pictures, keep 'em coming!

Regards,
    Roger

?

Quote by roger9344 View Post
    I know the Mother's crosses aren't big-ticket items
    Maybe not but they are arguably one of the most attractive awards and the variations and scope for collecting these awards is vast.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast