Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Opinions on Gold Verwundetenabzeichen..

Article about: Hi guys. Here are my new Gold wound badge. I got it for 90€. Opinions?

?

Default Re: Opinions on Gold Verwundetenabzeichen..

Quote by LondonJay View Post
    90euro Sonny! I've been after 1 for a while now and can't find 1 under £175!!
    Jay.
    I was lucky in the local paper! First time for me to do a bargain also.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on Gold Verwundetenabzeichen..
    P
    Many

That really is beautiful. And you got it for a really cool price!! Congratulations!! :-)

Not wanting to cast any doubt on this badge as I'm only trying to learn about these myself but I see alot of small 'pits' on the reverse face. Is this an indication of casting?

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Not wanting to cast any doubt on this badge as I'm only trying to learn about these myself but I see alot of small 'pits' on the reverse face. Is this an indication of casting?
    Hi Glenn,
    Pitting certainly is an indication of a cast badge. In this case there are no pits on the reverse face that would indictae this and the grey marks are where the finish has chipped off. Maybe Sonny can confirm.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks Adrian and again just for my knowledge and hopefully many others as well, i've focused on the areas in question that should add some expertise to my study of these badges.

Below in red is some of the area i'm interested in, the 'rash' of little dents? Is this just wear and tear from years of little bumps and knocks? Would it be expected that some of the finish might have chipped off from these knocks? Sorry Sonny I'm not doubting your badge, it's very beautiful and others more experienced are authenticating it i'm just trying to learn as I'm not a metallurgist so wouldn't know a casting pit from a handling dent if I fell over it! On that note does anyone have an example of what casting pits look like under this sort of magnification?

For comparison in blue i've circled the spots where the finish is chipped off and corrosion has set in...Are there any telltale signs to look for as to whether the rust lifted the gilt off first or whether the rust came along after the gilt was chipped off?

Opinions on Gold Verwundetenabzeichen..

Last but not least, in preservation of such a finish, is it advisable to coat the badge with either Renwax or Neutral Boot polish or better to leave it 'as is'?

Cheers
    Glenn

?

Hi Glenn.

I'm glad you ask in to the badge. It is how we all learn. The small grey marks are where the finish have come off. The other small marks are very very small. I can hardly see them with the eye and can't feel them with the finger. I will make some closeups later, so we can see better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2