Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Opinions needed for this West Wall cased medal!!!!

Article about: by donkihotis7 Snake or crock. It seemed weird to me i must say It certainly seems interesting buit in this case most probably faux croc skin. If not it would be worth buying just for the ca

?

Default Re: Opinions needed for this West Wall cased medal!!!!

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    Snake or crock. It seemed weird to me i must say
    It certainly seems interesting buit in this case most probably faux croc skin. If not it would be worth buying just for the case!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions needed for this West Wall cased medal!!!!
    P
    Many

Quote by Adrian View Post
    It certainly seems interesting buit in this case most probably faux croc skin. If not it would be worth buying just for the case!
    Well i bought it anyway. I hope it will come soon. I have had some adventures lately with a couple of unprofessional sellers
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Could be local lizard with a little dye job.
    Hope you'll share when you get it. :wtg:

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    I have had some adventures lately with a couple of unprofessional sellers
    Any stories you want share? Personally I like to keep a mental record of bad dealer experience so I am better warned in future.

Quote by Rudolf Karl View Post
    Could be local lizard with a little dye job.
    Hope you'll share when you get it. :wtg:
    I'm very curious to see it in hand. Of course i will Rudolf

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Any stories you want share? Personally I like to keep a mental record of bad dealer experience so I am better warned in future.
    I keep a record of everything Glenn. Items i have purchased, their prices, from whom, date of payment, date of arrival, everything. I bought a nice memorial sign of WWI. It is posted on the imperial forum. I paid 11/01/11 and until 07/02/11 it still wasn't here. So i contacted seller and asked what is going on. He obviously had forgotten to send it and on the next day 08/02/11 he finally did. Fortunately i had paid through paypal. So i contacted him again a few days ago and informed him that i would use the buyers protection program. He didn't reply and so i did on the 45th day (last day of deadline). He replied the same day and claimed that he was on holidays until today and the best part was that he invented a story of that i got a notice from post office, didn't go to get the package and as a result it went back to Germany and he had to ship for a second time. He had that attitude that i'm ungrateful since he paid twice to send it. Of course everything was a lie.
    I never got a notice except today that it finally arrived.
    If he had shipped twice wouldn't he have told me that such thing occurred, on the 07/02/11 when we had exchanged emails? (of course he would).
    Wouldn't he ask for extra expenses prior shipping, as it would be my fault not to go to receive the item? (of course he would).
    He made me so mad, i left him a visitors message on his profile on WAF so that other members know about this.
    He threatened to do the same and to inform the forum's administration and he also had the nerve to call me a fraud
    Because after giving me the tracking number, i didn't close the case at paypal. He thinks i'm an idiot. Tracking number and merchandise have a huge difference
    Of course i told him that the case would remain open, pending until the item arrives.
    I could never imagine that this kind of people exist. There should be a feedback system like ebay in the forums. So that sellers feel more alerted.

?

This does happen when shipping internationally in all honesty tho. It just happened very recently with an EK2 I bought from Canada. I waited almost a month and then decided to tell the seller it hadnt got here yet. The next day he sent me a PM saying it had been sent back to him as "wrong address". He ended up miss-numbering my address and thank god the address did not exist that he wrote the first time. So it took another 2 weeks until I finally got it from Canada to US. He sent the first "messed up" envelope inside the package to prove to me that he was telling the truth. So things do happen and unfortunately the mail will never be a fool-proof system. The only thing that matters in the end is that u got your package really

p.s.- maybe he got his mail later in the day after talking to u, you never know. But its a good thing to keep records like that, good for u. Congrats on the medal, I saw that for sale and im glad u were the one who got it. cant wait to hear more info about it

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    This does happen when shipping internationally in all honesty tho. It just happened very recently with an EK2 I bought from Canada. I waited almost a month and then decided to tell the seller it hadnt got here yet. The next day he sent me a PM saying it had been sent back to him as "wrong address". He ended up miss-numbering my address and thank god the address did not exist that he wrote the first time. So it took another 2 weeks until I finally got it from Canada to US. He sent the first "messed up" envelope inside the package to prove to me that he was telling the truth. So things do happen and unfortunately the mail will never be a fool-proof system. The only thing that matters in the end is that u got your package really

p.s.- maybe he got his mail later in the day after talking to u, you never know. But its a good thing to keep records like that, good for u. Congrats on the medal, I saw that for sale and im glad u were the one who got it. cant wait to hear more info about it
    Hi Bill, nice to hear your story. I agree that these things happen. But if indeed that happened with him he would have told me the next day or the day after that and so on. He didn't even got back on me until i opened the case 18 days later.
    And when he replied through paypal answering to my initial message to paypal he didn't say something like that. It took him 1 day to come up with the story and told me in PM. Does this sound normal?

Here are more pics i got myself today guys. No much sunlight today but i think they are ok. The case appears to be just paper/carton. It has the look of croc skin but it's not leather.

hmmm i got signed out and pics were aborted. I will try again now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast