Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Silver wound badge

Article about: Hi. Silver wound badge, maker mark 30, Hauptmünzamt.Wien. compared it with same marked SWB, its pin looks weird for me. What do you you think of it, is it good one? greetz Marks

Default Re: Silver wound badge

Looks like its repainted, but do you think of it. is it good?
    Looks like zinc bubbling, but original finish to me.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Silver wound badge
    P
    Many

?

Looks good to me too
    Very nice shape for a Zinc badge

Cheers,
    Ronny

Endgame 1945
    ?

looks good but definitely painted over, quite poorly I might add. But if you like it then who cares!

The appearance of the silver uneven "wash" effect and the bubbling on the piece is exactly what you want to see on a period zinc piece. Zinc is not a good base metal for complimenting the appearance of the paint applied over the surface. The badge is a fine original in mint condition.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Endgame 1945
    ?

Never did I question the quality of the piece, as it truly is in great condition, I did however question it's paint job. After thinking about it, you are right about zinc, it is a devil to get a smooth paint job on. As already said before the piece is very nice and in good condition.

Quote by Endgame 1945 View Post
    looks good but definitely painted over, quite poorly I might add. But if you like it then who cares!
    Can you explain why you think it's "painted over" please. Stewy S

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2