Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sliver/Gold Verwundetenabzeichen with strange clip.

Article about: Hi people, picked this up at a history fair at the local market where i work, it was in a box of british cap badges and the seller just said it was a "stahlhelm badge". as you can

Default Re: Sliver/Gold Verwundetenabzeichen with strange clip.

Good point, i've just had a close look at that with a jewellers eyeglass loupe and it's just a dirty mark, the sword emerges cleanly from the helmet.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sliver/Gold Verwundetenabzeichen with strange clip.
    P
    Many

there's no substitute for having these items in hand, Gunny!

how about those "bent" lines as the sword blades approach the handles. am i seeing that right?

I'm thinking it might be a good one with a post war clip attached. In any case it's not worth much. Some better lit, macro shots of the obverse at 90 degrees might help settle this question.

Hmm same again using the loupe, the lines look straight i'm thinking the distortion is a mixture of dirt and shadow. I think i need a better macro lens.

I think it was a unfinished medal some body picked up.

Attachment 410247Attachment 410248 Do these throw any more light on the situation?......

Looks like a zinc silver that had it's hardware removed and replaced with this strange clip. Wonder why.

Tom

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Looks like a zinc silver that had it's hardware removed and replaced with this strange clip. Wonder why.

Tom
    So you reckon it's genuine Tom? that clip has got me baffled!....

In my opinion, this whole rig is not good. There is almost zero detailing on the wreath leaves-and I doubt that simple wear would produce this look to This extent. The swastika and the helmet also show extremely poor or no detailing at all. The rear rivet on the helmet is another red flag. What it Looks like, from the strange clip on the back, is that someone in the past had a very specific thing he wanted to attach it to that wouldn't have worked with your basic Pin, so, being a fake and worthless Anyway, he simply removed the pin and hardware and installed this odd clip outfit. So, sorry, Gunny, but thumbs down all around on this one.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    In my opinion, this whole rig is not good. There is almost zero detailing on the wreath leaves-and I doubt that simple wear would produce this look to This extent. The swastika and the helmet also show extremely poor or no detailing at all. The rear rivet on the helmet is another red flag. What it Looks like, from the strange clip on the back, is that someone in the past had a very specific thing he wanted to attach it to that wouldn't have worked with your basic Pin, so, being a fake and worthless Anyway, he simply removed the pin and hardware and installed this odd clip outfit. So, sorry, Gunny, but thumbs down all around on this one.
    Thanks for the info Wagriff, i only paid £15 but lesson learned. Into the garbage it goes!....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast