Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

SWB mm L24 Help please Opinions welcomed

Article about: Hi everyone, been a while since I've posted, hope everyone has been well, and having a good summer. I would like to get some opinions about this Silver Verwundetenabzeichen mm L24 with the f

Default Silber Verwundetenabzeichen L24 Help please Opinions welcomed

Hi everyone, been a while since I've posted, hope everyone has been well, and having a good summer.

I would like to get some opinions about this Silver Verwundetenabzeichen mm L24 with the flat style pin. The pin is not marked with a "6" as some I have seen before. I maybe think some features on the front of this badge maybe do not look right?? Swaztika looks funny maybe?...but it could just be the poor picture of the front.

I would like to get a SWB to go with my black mm88 badge. I'm no expert on these so that's why I'm asking the knowledgeable and friendly experts here to help me avoid some grief.

These are the only pics I was able to obtain of the badge. I hope they may be sufficient to tell if real or a repro L24 SWB.

Are the flat pin L24's scarce.... and therefore faked often?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SWB mm L24 Help please Opinions welcomed   SWB mm L24 Help please Opinions welcomed  

SWB mm L24 Help please Opinions welcomed   SWB mm L24 Help please Opinions welcomed  

SWB mm L24 Help please Opinions welcomed  
    Last edited by Kilroy Was Here; 07-01-2011 at 07:25 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SWB mm L24 Help please Opinions welcomed
    P
    Many

KSH
    ?

Default Re: SWB mm L24 Help please Opinions welcomed

Hi,

The photos are not of a standard I am comfortable with, especially the obverse shot with flash. But overall I will say that based on these photos it looks like a good silver Fritz Zimmerman with the wide pin to me. The examples I have seen matching this badge have been double marked ('L24' and '6' on the pin), but I wouldn't worry too much about that. The reverse setup looks exactly right for this maker (they also used narrow pins and a different hinge). I'm not so knowledgeable on these badges in general and someone who has more experience with these might perhaps be able to tell you if it is 100% original or not, even with the horrible obverse photo.

I can't tell you whether these badges are scarce or not.

- Kenneth

Quote by KSH View Post
    Hi,

The photos are not of a standard I am comfortable with, especially the obverse shot with flash. But overall I will say that based on these photos it looks like a good silver Fritz Zimmerman with the wide pin to me. The examples I have seen matching this badge have been double marked ('L24' and '6' on the pin), but I wouldn't worry too much about that. The reverse setup looks exactly right for this maker (they also used narrow pins and a different hinge). I'm not so knowledgeable on these badges in general and someone who has more experience with these might perhaps be able to tell you if it is 100% original or not, even with the horrible obverse photo.

I can't tell you whether these badges are scarce or not.

- Kenneth

Hi Kenneth, Thanks for the reply and opinions. I agree, the pics are not very good. I think the back also looks OK like others I have seen. Maybe someone else will see this and have an opinion also, but it will be hard to tell without a good pic of the front I guess. Maybe I will wait for another to come along, and save my money this time.

Bump........Any other opinions about this badge? ...........

Anyone else have an opinion about this L24 Silber Verwundetenabzeichen??

Is it a good one?

It's in my limited price range and wanted to get it if it's a good one.

Hi Kenneth

I have been trying to research this pin set up today and I have drawn a blank , I am just not sure about it. Hopefully someone will give you a conclusive decision

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    Hi Kenneth

I have been trying to research this pin set up today and I have drawn a blank , I am just not sure about it. Hopefully someone will give you a conclusive decision

Nick

Hi Nick, thanks....but it's me, Steve..... not Kenneth that's asking about this L24 badge
    I wanted to buy it..... if it's a good one. It's within the price range I wanted to pay.....the other one I showed yesterday marked 100 with nice silver finish and the paper packet & tissue etc is being sold for way too much I think

Sorry,post war (or fake) for me. Stewy

Hi Stewy, OK, thanks for your opinion of this badge. I'll keep looking around for a nice one.
    Have a good weekend.

?

Can anyone post pics of a definite, known original for comparison purposes?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....