Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thoughts of Verwundetenabzeichen.

Article about: Hello Brett... I looked at the original badge here earlier, for some reason, with no thought of Weidmann or Deschler badges. Which is odd because I own examples of this type myself. Maybe I

Default Re: Thoughts of Verwundetenabzeichen.

Hello Brett...

I looked at the original badge here earlier, for some reason, with no thought of Weidmann or Deschler badges. Which is odd because I own examples of this type myself.
    Maybe I need to start looking at them again! I have neglected them because for the past couple of years I've been hunting down EK1s.

As to the question of whether a particular badge of this design is Deschler, Weidmann, or any other maker... I don't think any of us know. And we may never know for sure.
    The badge in question, is an example of what we call a Deschler or Weidmann-type as you and I know.

I still would like to see a better picture of it so that I can feel good about reversing my opinion on this badge.

I should also make the comment that the four lines being in the left-most crossguard as a problem was intended to apply to "30"-marked Hauptmuenzamt badges. on rereading my previous post, it sounds like i was applying this to the SWB as well and I did not mean to do that because in other badges, this trait does exist in good examples.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts of Verwundetenabzeichen.
    P
    Many

I accept the hinge and pin as I do believe that I can see part of the notch in the backplate, but I still stand firm that the catch has been replaced.
    An uncommon wide pin.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

yes, i don't know if i was clear there... the catch is not original to the badge. i agree with you.

?

I still would like to see a better picture of it so that I can feel good about reversing my opinion on this badge.
    Unfortunately I don’t have these badges in hands but I will try to make the seller take a couple of new photos of it.

Cheers
    Alex

yes, sorry to suddenly being in the position of having to reconsider my original call, but Brett has me thinking along lines I curiously neglected before. believe me, i know better. i just did not think about Wiedmann/Deschler. i just call these things "Deschler types", but having been reminded, i feel that SWB now has a good chance.

but as also pointed out, the catch is not original Deschler type or not.

he should send you a good close up of the front, straight on and not angled and two of the back: a close up of the catch and a picture of the back with the pin up and out of the way so we can see the base plate of the hinge better.

I am the same as Tempelhoh. After Bretts post and further research I am doing a U-Turn on the silver.

A good Deschler

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

All the pins are different !

The gold one is my best guess.

?

Quote by Brett View Post
    Hello Tempelhof
    I would say that the catch only has been replaced on this badge & that the solder covers the original mounting plate. These badges seem
    to come with a variety of differing hardware & I wonder whether the design was used only by Deschler/Weidmann, or whether there were
    other manufacturers using the same design as well. I bought the badge in the following link & from memory it was dug up in Bryansk, Russia.
    http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/orders...silver-180423/

Regards
    Brett
    That is true Brett. It was dug up in Bryansk by a friend of mine

?

Hello warRelic
    As stated earlier in this thread the gold badge is no good! The hardware is way off the mark.
    It is a fake masquerading as a Hauptmunzamt 30.

Regards
    Brett

i have no change of heart on the Gold. it's a bad one.

but the silver VWA i am comfortable with now. and i concur with comment as to the catch being replaced.

just a brain block on my part not remember a type of badge i myself own!

good thread!

thanks to the poster of these badges and commentators.

sorry to change calls, but when a member shows you the truth, as Brett has done for me here, you have to rethink.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2