Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Three german WW2 Verwundetenabzeichen / Wounded Badge

Article about: Hallo Kumpels I´ve got three german wounded badges from the russian front, two are marked (E.S.P and L/11) and one is not. They all seem to be slightly diferent from each other. One (the E.S

Default 3 Verwundetenabzeichen in schwarz/ 3 Wounded Badge

Hallo Kumpels

I´ve got three german wounded badges from the russian front, two are marked (E.S.P and L/11) and one is not. They all seem to be slightly diferent from each other. One (the E.S.P marked one) is from some white metal, it has lost it´s attaching mechanism but has two holes in it, maybe so the badge could be stiched onto the uniform?. L/11 is reddish, and the unmarked one looks golden under the black paint..

Any comments on those little finds??

Viele Grüsse
    dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Three  german WW2 Verwundetenabzeichen / Wounded Badge   Three  german WW2 Verwundetenabzeichen / Wounded Badge  

Three  german WW2 Verwundetenabzeichen / Wounded Badge   Three  german WW2 Verwundetenabzeichen / Wounded Badge  

Three  german WW2 Verwundetenabzeichen / Wounded Badge   Three  german WW2 Verwundetenabzeichen / Wounded Badge  

Three  german WW2 Verwundetenabzeichen / Wounded Badge  
    Attached Images Attached Images Three  german WW2 Verwundetenabzeichen / Wounded Badge 
    Last edited by danhashman; 07-29-2011 at 12:20 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Three  german WW2 Verwundetenabzeichen / Wounded Badge
    P
    Many

Default Re: Three german WW2 Verwundetenabzeichen / Wounded Badge

The pictures uploaded with their secuence all mixed up.. . Sorry for that. See the pics where all 3 badges are (front & rear) to know which one is which one in the close up pics..

?

They all look like black awards to me. I've not seen one marked ESP before but that doesn't make it fake, the other two look ok. I'm not into the Wound badges so maybe one of the other guys can help.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

ESP is a desirable maker of only Black Wound badges, it stands for maker Eugen Schmidthaussier Pforzheim

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Three  german WW2 Verwundetenabzeichen / Wounded Badge  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    ESP is a desirable maker of only Black Wound badges, it stands for maker Eugen Schmidthaussier Pforzheim

Nick

That´s a great piece of information !!! Why ESP is a "desirable" maker ? I was thinking selling one of the bages to a friend, precisely the ESP one because from all three it is in least good state. But it calls to my attention that it is not rusty at all... Should i better keep that one and sell another one? What a dilemma, because i like them all..
    By the way, and where does L/11 come from?
    Are marked badges rather rare or common?
    Sorry for so many questions but i am thirsty of knowledge...

Quote by danhashman View Post
    That´s a great piece of information !!! Why ESP is a "desirable" maker ? I was thinking selling one of the bages to a friend, precisely the ESP one because from all three it is in least good state. But it calls to my attention that it is not rusty at all... Should i better keep that one and sell another one? What a dilemma, because i like them all..
    By the way, and where does L/11 come from?
    Are marked badges rather rare or common?
    Sorry for so many questions but i am thirsty of knowledge...
    It is desirable as in not so common, it is still worth as much as other BWBs depending on condition.
    L/11 is the maker Wilhelm Deumer. Marked badges are fairly common and dont really increase the price that much.
    If you like them all, keep them all

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem