Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Unmarked Black Verwundetenabzeichen

Article about: Hello All, well this little chap arrived yeaserday with a host of other bits and pieces and finding it had no makers mark on I embarked on an intense course of research to see if I could fin

Default Unmarked Black Verwundetenabzeichen

Hello All,
    well this little chap arrived yesterday with a host of other bits and pieces and finding it had no makers mark on I embarked on an intense course of research to see if I could find a match.
    I am going to go out on a limb here and wait to be shot down.
    After hours of pouring over individual badges maker marked and not I have come to the conclusion it is:

Unmarked Black VerwundetenabzeichenUnmarked Black VerwundetenabzeichenUnmarked Black VerwundetenabzeichenUnmarked Black VerwundetenabzeichenUnmarked Black VerwundetenabzeichenUnmarked Black Verwundetenabzeichen

An unmarked Carl Wild

It is a perfect (in my opinion) Obverse match and the reverse set up also leads me to the same conclusion.

Any thoughts appreciated?
    All the best
    Doug

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked Black Verwundetenabzeichen
    P
    Many

?

looks good IMO..

Hello All,under are some better pictures taken in natural light rather than the ones above so you can have a better look.
    All the best
    Doug

Unmarked Black VerwundetenabzeichenUnmarked Black VerwundetenabzeichenUnmarked Black VerwundetenabzeichenUnmarked Black VerwundetenabzeichenUnmarked Black Verwundetenabzeichen

top marks great example.

Hi Doug,

I have one that's remarkably similar but not quite a match I think, though both are probably of a series of badges by different makers known as the 'Vienna Design'. It's unmarked and made of brass that's pretty thick, making the badge fairly heavy. It's been mooted on another forum as possibly being an unmarked Hauptmunzamt Wein (30), but that's a guess as it's unclear exactly how many makers used this design.

Unmarked Black VerwundetenabzeichenUnmarked Black VerwundetenabzeichenUnmarked Black VerwundetenabzeichenUnmarked Black VerwundetenabzeichenUnmarked Black Verwundetenabzeichen

And again with a stick pin minature marked '16' for Alois Rettemeyer that came with it.

Unmarked Black VerwundetenabzeichenUnmarked Black Verwundetenabzeichen

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hello Ned,
    thank you very much for showing your similar badge.
    I agree there are a lot of similar designs for the obverse stamp but there is devil in the detail as you know.
    If you want to send me some good bright pictures front and rear of the badge I will do my best to track the maker down.

I have posted a further picture of my badge just indicating a small stamped oblong where the hinge is mounted and a barely visible (on the photo) line to where the hook should be mounted (It is quite prominent in hand)
    These features along with the perfect obverse match is what leads me to the conclusion it is a Carl Wild.

All the best
    Padiwan Doug

Unmarked Black Verwundetenabzeichen