Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unmarked Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold. Is hinge ok?

Article about: Hello Gents, Here is my Wound badge in Gold almost mint condition. I suppose the marker is L/11, please correct me if I'm wrong. Unfortunately, the hook is broken and fixed by glue. I got th

Asp
    ?

Default Unmarked Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold. Is hinge ok?

Hello Gents,
    Here is my Wound badge in Gold almost mint condition. I suppose the marker is L/11, please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Unfortunately, the hook is broken and fixed by glue. I got the badge as is. My doubts about belonging of hook, its shape is uncharacteristic for L/11. Is the hook a real part of the badge?

Thanks in advance,
    Alex

Unmarked Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold. Is hinge ok?Unmarked Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold. Is hinge ok?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold. Is hinge ok?
    P
    Many

Sorry you haven't got any response yet. To me that hinge looks very rough all together. The fact that its been repaired and retains a flawless gold finish makes that suspect to me as well. Can't wait to hear what one of the real experts has to say though.

Asp
    ?

Thank, Nathan, for response. Definitely, the holder of needle has not been resoldered because coating on back side looks intact.
    At least I would like to be sure about the maker. Please, your opinions...
    Last edited by Asp; 05-15-2014 at 09:55 PM.

Sorry asp I am not the guy for that question. I wish I could help, and am supprised you haven't gotten an expert opinion yet!

I have no problems with this being an original early tombac L/11 Deumer with original reverse hardware.

I have an silver L/11 with the same setup.

/Jonas

Asp
    ?

Quote by spunkmaja View Post
    I have an silver L/11 with the same setup.
    Thank, Jonas. Could you please show photo of your badge like on my third pic.

Alex

Hi,

Here are my early tombac Deumers marked "3" and "L/11". You example matches my "3".

/Jonas

Unmarked Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold. Is hinge ok?Unmarked Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold. Is hinge ok?

Asp
    ?

Quote by spunkmaja View Post
    Here are my early tombac Deumers marked "3" and "L/11". You example matches my "3".
    Many thanks, Jonas, for posting your badges. However the hook of my VWA is differ from both yours that fully confirms my doubts.

Regards,
    Alex