Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Unmarked Verwundetenabzeichen Silber, Hauptmünzamt Wien

Article about: Hi gents, Today I have bought the silver wound badge at flea market. It seems genuine, but after a search of the back at home I noticed that the fastener was replaced evidently. Is it? There

I don't know who made it but imo its ok the detail is good on it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked Verwundetenabzeichen Silber, Hauptmünzamt Wien
    P
    Many

The LDO for the Wien Mint was 30...But I believe the 40 on the packet is referring to the address of the mint, III/40 WIen...
    cheers, Glenn

Asp
    ?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    The LDO for the Wien Mint was 30...But I believe the 40 on the packet is referring to the address of the mint, III/40 WIen...
    cheers, Glenn
    Glenn, I'm surprised too. Nevertheless it is, the paper looks believable. The front label of the packet is below.

Asp
    ?

Quote by Brett View Post
    Have a look at the sticky for Wiedmann/Deschler Verwundetenabzeichen variants.
    Brett, I would be happy if you point to reference

Alex

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Asp
    ?

Thank, Adrian, but I have seen the reference already. The hook looks good (especially at post #4), but the needle based on other fastener. Therefore I have doubts about replacement.

Well, im still on my statement that its fake, i wouldnt take it if it was offered to me. Just my option. Cheers

The swastika does look a little slim for a silver '30'.

Unmarked Verwundetenabzeichen Silber, Hauptmünzamt WienUnmarked Verwundetenabzeichen Silber, Hauptmünzamt Wien

Unmarked Verwundetenabzeichen Silber, Hauptmünzamt WienUnmarked Verwundetenabzeichen Silber, Hauptmünzamt Wien

Asp
    ?

Thanks, gents, for the discussion. Let me conclude. I've studied of wound badges last two days and noticed that the pattern of dotted background is good sign for the maker's identification. My badge was really made by Wiedmann/Deschler. My respects to Brett and Adrian, who recognized this immidiatelly. Please, see below, where my badge is compared with the badge from the reference that Adrian pointed out.

Moreover russian colleagues noted that a top layer of such badges was made of pure silver.

I've never heard of pure silver Verwundetenabzeichen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast