Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundeten Abzeichen 1939 Gold Opinions

Article about: At a show today and saw a could of gold wound badges that looked mint. Wondering what the board thinks if real or not. Badge is maker marked. Botton clasp is rounded, pics not great from a v

Default Verwundeten Abzeichen 1939 Gold Opinions

At a show today and saw a gold wound badge that looked mint. Wondering what the board thinks if real or not. Badge is maker marked. Botton clasp is rounded, pics not great from a vendor table.

Verwundeten Abzeichen 1939 Gold OpinionsVerwundeten Abzeichen 1939 Gold Opinions
    Last edited by rbminis; 10-22-2017 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Edited to orient photos correctly.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundeten Abzeichen 1939 Gold Opinions
    P
    Many

If you would like the assistance of the members of this forum, please at least attempt to post your CLEAR photos oriented correctly.
    Uploading photos and posting multiple items.

What is the maker's mark stamped into the reverse?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Seems to be the L/12 fake. But as stated the pictures are not the best.

/Jonas

Verwundeten Abzeichen 1939 Gold OpinionsVerwundeten Abzeichen 1939 Gold OpinionsVerwundeten Abzeichen 1939 Gold Opinions

?

At great risk of a permanent crick in the neck, this badge looks like it is trying to be a Deschler/Wiedmann variant, judging by the helmet, bow, & sword hilt design. The rear hardware & marking (whatever it is) are totally at odds with what you will generally find on these particular variants.

Regards
    Brett

?

Jonas beat me to it. Deschler/Wiedmann design with Junker marking? I don't think so!

Regards
    Brett

Hi Jonas, yes it was marked L/12. The badge looked "to good to be true" for its age and offered at $250. Looks like I had the right feeling on medal. Thanks for your input.
    John

Thanks rbminis for turning my pictures. Still new to posting on this board, I will get better and more careful about my picture quality.

Jonas I noticed that the fake badge has a discolored area pretty much the same as the badge I was looking at. I also noticed a dot on the top of the helmet top right. Is that another tell of a fake. Glad I kept the $250 in my wallet. The search goes on.

Quote by War Medals View Post
    Jonas I noticed that the fake badge has a discolored area pretty much the same as the badge I was looking at. I also noticed a dot on the top of the helmet top right. Is that another tell of a fake. Glad I kept the $250 in my wallet. The search goes on.
    The extra dot on the right side of the helmet is not found on any original badge.

/Jonas