Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundeten abzeichen schwarz

Article about: Hello, I show you this black wounded badge. My opinion is that's a good one, but it will be my 1st early war badge, then I'm not sure. Thanks for helping me. Greg.

?

Default Verwundeten abzeichen schwarz

Hello,

I show you this black wounded badge. My opinion is that's a good one, but it will be my 1st early war badge, then I'm not sure.

Thanks for helping me.

Greg.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundeten abzeichen schwarz
    P
    Many

I have never encountered a version that had such a thin Swastika and Swords, along with a separate base for the catch...I also know that fakers are using the wide hinges now too, more like the original Imperial Badges...which is another reason I advise caution...
    I would not be comfortable adding this one to my collection...it doesn't match any of the badges I have ever seen anywhere...
    Just my 2 cents, friend...
    cheers, Glenn

a tricky one.because its brass and I found a badge with a separate base catch.and thin sword grips,I say yes its good ok.

I'd have to see a photo of a similar badge Harry....I have never seen such a variant as above...That's what caught my attention about the badge to begin with....
    Glenn

I happen to collect the older cutout variants, but even those use the same basic reverse hardware, as I have discovered while looking for these...the catch is always directly applied...look how wide and out of the norm the hinge is to standard hardware as well...
    These are not difficult to find...around $100-$125...I advise skipping this one, friends...too many uncertainties that you would have to try to explain if you ever wanted to resell to a collector later...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundeten abzeichen schwarz   Verwundeten abzeichen schwarz  

?

You're right, I'm gonna skip this one.
    It cames from a group of medals that I partially identified as fakes by myself, and more here with your help. Their's a EK1 spange with a very weird catch, a ribbon a bit too new.
    Too much things are warning me.
    I added 2 Luft badges here, which don't look to bad, but I won't take any risk.

Thanks.

Greg.

Glenns advice is good despite what I said.

Although Gregg has already made his decision, rightfully IMO, I would add that I agree that this one is at least doubtful. It reminds me of the Nicholas Morigi fake but with a wider hinge. Look at the obverse between the hilt of the left sword and the peak of the helmet. A cluster of the "pebbles" look like bursting bubbles!

As stated above "not for me".

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."