Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen 1. Form - good one?

Article about: Hello, just got offered this badge, I think it's a good one, but I want to confirm it here first. Any opinions? Regards

Default Verwundetenabzeichen 1. Form - good one?

Hello,

just got offered this badge, I think it's a good one, but I want to confirm it here first. Any opinions?

Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen 1. Form - good one?   Verwundetenabzeichen 1. Form - good one?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen 1. Form - good one?
    P
    Many

Anybody?

?

Hi Landser,

I do believe this is the Condor Legion VWA. Not a regular one. I can't speak for authenticity, however.

Regards,
    Bas

CBH
    ?

It's a 1936/39 Pattern , the details look soft to me. Here's my silver example.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen 1. Form - good one?   Verwundetenabzeichen 1. Form - good one?  

?

Quote by CBH View Post
    It's a 1936/39 Pattern , the details look soft to me. Here's my silver example.
    Would I be incorrect in calling it a Condor Legion VWA?

Regards,
    Bas

CBH
    ?

It's kind of a loaded question , as there were still being issued as late as 1942.

And actual Spanish War recipient numbered 182 Black , and one Silver . There is no record of a Gold being awarded to any German volunteers .

However my book does refer to these as Wound badge for German Volunteers in the Spanish War of Freedom , please don't ask for the German .

?

Quote by CBH View Post
    It's kind of a loaded question , as there were still being issued as late as 1942.

And actual Spanish War recipient numbered 182 Black , and one Silver . There is no record of a Gold being awarded to any German volunteers .

However my book does refer to these as Wound badge for German Volunteers in the Spanish War of Freedom , please don't ask for the German .
    Thank you for the new information, Chris!

Regards,
    Bas

Hello,

thanks for your answers. As I wrote in the title of this thread, it's called "Verwundetenabzeichen 1. Form", I know this badges were awarded from 1936-1940. I think it is a good, early iron piece, but I appreciate every opinion on originality.

CBH
    ?

If you think it's good why did you ask ?

"Verwundeten-Abzeichen Für Deutsche Frei-Willige Im Spanischen Freiheitskampf" is the German title.

I'd wait for more opinions , if I were you.

Quote by CBH View Post
    If you think it's good why did you ask ?
    He did state in his original post that he thought it was good but wanted more opinions.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast