Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939

Article about: Hello, Im currently in Cologne, Germany. I stopped at an Antique store and found some stuff. I cannot tell if this wound badge is good or not, If someone could help me out I would appreciate

Default Verwundetenabzeichen 1939

Hello,
    Im currently in Cologne, Germany. I stopped at an Antique store and found some stuff. I cannot tell if this wound badge is good or not, If someone could help me out I would appreciate it, also what is a good price for it? Thank you! - Nick K
    Last edited by rbminis; 03-20-2015 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Edited to orient photos properly and to use proper German terminology in the title.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen 1939
    P
    Many

It might stand a chance. Is this a Hauptmünzamt Wien example? Not sure about the catch. They do not trade for big bucks in this condition - $60 to $80 maybe. NH

This badge appears fine to me. I see no red flags and looking at the pin and apparent remains of finish in places on the reverse, it's a gold one. As prices go it's subjective but the lower end given above is ballpark.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I agree with Ned. A good but heavily aged badge. I have seen Gold examples on web with the same catch and pin. Price in this condition under 100. NH

As stated, it is good.

Moved to the correct sub forum.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you all for your help!! - Nick K

a good one.