Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 Black

Article about: I have a few Verwundetenabzeichen I'd like to post. First is an unmarked black one. I have the issue envelope for this one somewhere, but its a little tattered. Thanks, Rob.

?

Default Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 Black

I have a few Verwundetenabzeichen I'd like to post. First is an unmarked black one. I have the issue envelope for this one somewhere, but its a little tattered. Thanks, Rob.Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 BlackVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 Black

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 Black
    P
    Many

That's an unknown maker, very common, badge is brass.

Regards, Ned
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by rob214 View Post
    I have a few Verwundetenabzeichen I'd like to post. First is an unmarked black one. I have the issue envelope for this one somewhere, but its a little tattered. Thanks, Rob.
    Nice example with just enough wear.
    Is the envelope marked?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

nice.

?

Here ya go, Ralph. I dug up the envelope that came with this badge, like I said, its not in the best condition. I hope this helps, Rob.
    Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 BlackVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 Black

Hi Rob,

The envelope doesn't match the badge in this case. R.Kreisel was a Gablonz maker, and the small wraparound hinge they used was typical of that area and is shown below, they also later used an integral folded type. As previously said, the badge is so far classified as that of an unknown maker, so I think the badge and envelope are unrelated in this case. Just my opinion.

Regards, Ned.

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 Black
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.