MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold 2x (one original, one fake)

Article about: On further research, i discovered there are two varints from the same firm L/52, it interesting read. I would not subscribe to the second varint just the first. the first follows the more st

Default Re: Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold 2x (one original, one fake)

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Nice try though Nick!
    Thanks Adrian, sadly it fell on deaf ears

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold 2x (one original, one fake)
    P
    Many

don't worry, Nick...

if i ever "dump" the thing, i'll tell you first.

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    don't worry, Nick...

if i ever "dump" the thing, i'll tell you first.
    I will remember that

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hello all,

Thought this link may be of some help to this thread....

L54 GWB opinion please - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

William Kramer

You see "Hans N" there giving comment. He knows his stuff. I know him well enough to know that he his politely expressing his belief that the badge is probably bad. Also, a couple of years ago I send him high resolution images of my L54 (the one which starts this thread) and his feeling was that it was not good.

Doesn't mean that it is fake, but just to elaborate and fill in on some background re: Hans N and his opinion. One could read that WAF thread and feel that he was being neutral on it. He was not.

i should add that, in case the fact is lost on anyone, that badge which was discussed over there on the maroon site is the very badge i came later to own and it is the identical badge found in my original post. i did not become concerned with it until i'd had it in hand. as has been said, the details are very, very poor for an authentic GWB. this caused me to dig deeper and begin seeking opinions from collectors with more experience than i have.
    i collect wound badges and have handled many of them. i know my way around them. but as can be seen here and elsewhere, this example does generate some controversy and, as such, i do not accept it as an unqualified genuine example. but that's just me.

i'm reviewing things previously said.

well... it is in the collection as "questionable". but if i ever sell it, i'll have all these guys, formally loving it, low-balling me because it's suddenly questionable to them too. hahaha i think i'm stuck with this one for life.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5