MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold

Article about: Happy New Year to All, I would like some opinions please on this wound badge in gold as they a quite expensive and want to make sure all is fine. Thank you

The Case was originally for an EKI...perhaps the sticker was put on the lid to create the appearance of a matching set...
    cheers, Glenn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold
    P
    Many

Hi Glenn, I've been looking at the photo for awhile and can't see the EK outline, but my eye's aren't too good. So I just received some more photo's of the box.
    Still struggling to find it but perhaps you can take another look. Thanks mate

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in GoldVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in GoldVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in GoldVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in GoldVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in GoldVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in GoldVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in GoldVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in GoldVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold

I hate to disagree with Glenn, But, I, too, cannot see any outline. All I can see is some slight dulling of the leatherette top from handling and fingers. The sticker on the bottom looks to have been there forever. I can really see nothing about this case that is not proper for a Hauptmunzamt GWB. The imprint from the badge on the inside of the cover lining is old in appearance and what I would expect to see from holding it for 70+ years. It's a nice original set that looks to have been together from day one.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi guys, nice to talk to you again, have seen that Giels is selling one, unless his is not good, which I doubt, the case posted is the right one for the Badge

Wound badge in gold by Hauptm

Thanks guys, and I hate to be a Spoil-Sport but I encourage you to lean back in your chair and take a look at this photo...you will see the outline of an EK, the separate arms of the cross are barely visible...Jamoros sees it as well, so I'm not the only one seeing things, lol...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold  

I saw the EK outline in the first photo too, but the new photos make me wonder if it's not an optical illusion created by the rub and texture pattern on the case top. I don't see any indication of an EK on the inner case lid.

Would seem odd to have 2/3 a Hauptmunzamt sticker laying around and a willingness to ruin a nice EK1 case which would surely be worth more as an EK1 than a GWB. It seems like the EK1 stamp impression would show up in the other photos too, and I can't see it in those. I guess for me (with the caviat of not having it in hand) it's a good GWB case.

I think you've got it wrong Glenn I can see a flower if I stare long enough at the first photo and on the new photo's there's no sign of anything other than slight wear. I think it needs to be in hand, but surely removing the cross would be a bit more noticeable.

Here's mine for comparison:

Very nice avenger

I'll gladly stand corrected of course, and I certainly like the badge!
    cheers, Glenn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast