Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 Gold, maker 11

Article about: Hi Guys, I just got this nice VWA gold from Grossmann ( 11) with case . Badge is tombak and in very good condition. Hope you like it as much as I do . MFG Marc

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    beautiful badge but I think its 41 Geb.BenderOberstien/Nahe.
    try to enlarge the pic of the complete back of badge, then it is clear, it's 11 :-)

Mfg
    Marc

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 Gold, maker 11
    P
    Many

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    beautiful badge but I think its 41 Geb.BenderOberstien/Nahe.
    Problem there is Bender never made wound badges. Look under magnification, it is the PKZ number 11 for Grossmann & Co. It should be noted that Deumer used the LDO number L/11 which sometimes confuses people not familiar with the two separate makers lists and is purely coincidental, and just because they used the same design as Grossmann is the only link between the two.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

If true, that is One crappy maker's mark! Considering the high quality and prestige of the badge, you would have thought that they could have done better with 2 little numbers! Who says the Germans were so fastidious?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Marc, patience paid off and you ended up with a beautiful cased example. I hope to own one as nice some day! Bob

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    If true, that is One crappy maker's mark!
    Actually, only because it is out of focus does it appear crappy. Their stamp, if I remember correctly, is actually quite clear.

A very nice addition Marc!
    Congrats on finding this one.
    I thought I had a silver one but, I guess I didn't go for it when I saw it for sale.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    If true, that is One crappy maker's mark! Considering the high quality and prestige of the badge, you would have thought that they could have done better with 2 little numbers! Who says the Germans were so fastidious?
    It might be my crappy photoskills ;-D in real life it looks nice and there is no doubt at all :-)

Mfg
    Marc

I don't profess to be a pro photographer myself! I'm lucky if I can use a point and shoot! In any case, it's a great badge set and in great condition! Well found!
    William

Tad-dah!!

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Tad-dah!!

Is that "JJ"? But why are the "J"s upside down and backwards? Or is it "77"? Who is the maker with 77 for a number? I don't see one on the list? Oh, I'm confused....
    William

Me too 😬 still confused, but on a higher level 😂😂

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast