Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold Silver Black wound badges HOLLOW GOLD?

Article about: I recently purchased these 3 wound badges in a lot with some other items. I know at least one is black (far left), one is silver (center), and possibly a HOLLOW back gold? (far right pic). I

Default Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold Silver Black wound badges HOLLOW GOLD?

I recently purchased these 3 wound badges in a lot with some other items. I know at least one is black (far left), one is silver (center), and possibly a HOLLOW back gold? (far right pic). I know I have read that they DID have hollow back gold badges, but I personally h ave never seen one. This one does not have any trace of black that I can see. The one on the far left has black on the back side and I can see traces on the front as well. I'm HOPING these are not fake. I had a very good feeling they were good, so I took a chance and bought these (as well as a few other items). Looking for opinions! thanks!! Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold Silver Black wound badges HOLLOW GOLD?Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold Silver Black wound badges HOLLOW GOLD?Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold Silver Black wound badges HOLLOW GOLD?Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold Silver Black wound badges HOLLOW GOLD?Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold Silver Black wound badges HOLLOW GOLD?Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold Silver Black wound badges HOLLOW GOLD?Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold Silver Black wound badges HOLLOW GOLD?Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold Silver Black wound badges HOLLOW GOLD?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold Silver Black wound badges HOLLOW GOLD?
    P
    Many

I believe your silver one is a unmarked tombac maker 30 which would be Hauptmunzambt Wien. The other ones i cannot say, except that gold hollow ones are very rare.

Regards juncker93

There is a rumor that very late war gold badges were
    simply black grade ones without any finish - although
    I've also read that these were very early types,
    so there is a mix-up.

I have one, but I bought it as a black badge:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold Silver Black wound badges HOLLOW GOLD?   Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold Silver Black wound badges HOLLOW GOLD?  

Regards,

Steve.

Hello excalibr
    I like all three badges.
    The gold badge looks particularly believable. Looking at the hardware especially the hook with it's additional round plate, looks like it could be a zinc badge with a gold wash.

Cheers
    Doug

Thanks for the pics Walkwolf. On yours I can at least see traces of black on the back side. On the one I have, I cannot see ANY black. That is what stumped me. Hopefully others will add to the discussion and give some more opinions. Thanks to all so far for the help.

excalibor, there is opinion that is changing about these hollow back gold badges.
    There are examples of the oversized helmet badges that are attributed to Wiedmann/Deschler.
    The wide banded handles of the swords are pointing me in that direction.
    The Wiedmann's always seem to have that fluted hinge plate but yours seems to be a rectangular one....I wonder if yours is a Deschler?
    It may be worth pulling up some comparisons off the net and checking out the dot patterns. Your pictures are a bit fuzzy or I'd have a go.

Of course there are other opinions that these gold badges are just unpainted black badges? I still believe yours is a good gold

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold Silver Black wound badges HOLLOW GOLD?Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold Silver Black wound badges HOLLOW GOLD?

Pictures courtesy of Giel

I can try to get some better pics posted ASAP. Maybe tonight. I'm very happy with the opinions so far! I was afraid it may be a fake. But, my gut told me differently. Hopefully others will have their input and I will try to check online for other hollow back gold badges. I did that some, but I will do some more! thanks

These three should be posted separately.
    Uploading photos and posting multiple items.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I'm not a big fan of some of these examples...As far as the OP's Example, the Badge is larger than the others, but the Swastika is abnormally thin and the top arm of the Swastika is "Off"...The reverse hardware doesn't conform to other WWII Wound badges and has the appearance of being either a replacement/add-on to me...looks much like the hardware we see on WWI Wound Badges...Notice the Catch is facing the opposite direction- when compared to the other badges shown...
    I'm not happy with the detail and the relief is rather shallow...It may even be a Souval or a Chaos Pattern Fake that's been altered ...I advise extreme caution...
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 11-04-2016 at 07:33 PM.

I'm sorry about posting these together. I did not realize it would cause such an uproar. I guess just concentrate on the gold one then. I am posting more pics of the gold badge so hopefully people can see more details.Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold Silver Black wound badges HOLLOW GOLD?Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold Silver Black wound badges HOLLOW GOLD?Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Gold Silver Black wound badges HOLLOW GOLD?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast