Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz. (BWB) GOOD OR BAD?

Article about: by Glenn66 I don't like the weird pebbling, or lack thereof. Exactly. Never seen one like this before. Tom

Default Re: Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz. (BWB) GOOD OR BAD?

Quote by StuG III View Post
    I would just like to add that there are good badges that don't have the rivet at the back of the helmet, but what concerns me on the one posted here is the lack of points to the swords which also seem to fall short of the wreath and the catch is a tad narrow. Other than that......

Tom
    Good point Tom, none of the examples that I own have this short of a blade on the sword. All overlap the wreath a little.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz. (BWB) GOOD OR BAD?
    P
    Many

I'm still quite new to this. Only recently have I figured out where the "All started threads" is and I don't know if people replied to me. It's not me ignoring you.

Quote by Noobkilla73 View Post
    I'm still quite new to this. Only recently have I figured out where the "All started threads" is and I don't know if people replied to me. It's not me ignoring you.
    Unfortunately, it is not a matter of finding the "All started threads", most people are aware of where they post. They do not just run around and post things like, "I have no idea" and "fake". If you have no idea, please do not post anything. It uses up bandwidth and your posts are worthless. Other members are posting items to find out the opinions of people that may have an idea, not someone who does not know. If you have questions pertaining to the items posted, by all means, ask them, that is not a problem. We are all here to learn and possibly see something that we have not seen before. Also keep in mind, that when someone posts an item for verification, they may very well think you know what you are talking about and make a decision to spend, sometimes, many dollars based partially on your opinion.
    Thanks,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by Noobkilla73 View Post
    You're also still new to collecting and new to interacting on a forum. You have to stop and learn before jumping in with both feet and making worthless statements. As I mentioned to you previously, the quantity of your posts is irrelevant, it's the quality that counts. 100 worthwhile posts are far more valuable than 1000 pointless posts.
    Please, just stop and think before you type anything. The majority of your comments are absolutely worthless as highlighted. You make some very bizarre comments about subjects you know nothing about and it shows in what you say.
    You are very welcome to join in and learn but please don't think you're fooling anyone into thinking you know what you're talking about because it's having the reverse affect.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Hello Richard
    Now back to the badge. I will supply a link to a badge of yours that was commented on back in 2009.
    http://www.warrelics.eu/.../1939-bla...hwartz-6327-3/
    The badge in the link is a known bad one. The badge you are showing now does not have the obverse
    characteristics of the badge in the link save for the missing rivet. Tom commented on the length of the
    swords & this is very noticeable by comparison with other badges. There are undoubtedly authentic
    black badges out there with no rear rivet & this may well be one of them. However there seem to be
    a lot of black badges on dealer sites at the moment with no rivet & a variety of reverse hardware. A
    variety of hardware would seem to point to a variety of makers, all with no rear rivet in their tooling!
    They might all be real, they might all be fake. I err on the side of caution & avoid them.

Regards
    Brett

Hi Brett, yeah, I had a look at the 2009 thread. It's an odd one this badge. Looking at the wear on the badge it looks like it's happened over a space of time with various different scratches, knocks & dings. It doesn't look like it was done at one time. Cheers, Richard.

?

Hello Richard
    This doesn't look like "forced" wear. The badge definately isn't one of the dog bone bow fakes. I just wish it was easier
    to give a good or bad call on these badges in view of the "no rear rivet" stigma. This is akin to what Floch has done to
    genuine L/14 badges.

Regards
    Brett

If there Is a variation of these with the short sword tips, I have to say that I have never seen one before. Being unmarked as it is, it's almost impossible to nail down to a specific maker to do a comparison. The black badge is, of course, one of the most prolifically issued pieces of the war and as such there would almost have to be endless variations of which this particular badge could well Be one.The detailing and the hardware look legit to me, But the short swords are a definite and serious question mark, and as such, I would have to place it in the "unlikely" category.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Just found this one on a local site. What do you think? To me - a repro.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz. (BWB) GOOD OR BAD?   Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz. (BWB) GOOD OR BAD?  

Attached Images Attached Images Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz. (BWB) GOOD OR BAD? 

I don't like the weird pebbling, or lack thereof.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast