Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz - doubt

Article about: Hi, About this: Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz - Wound badge 1939 in Black. Unmarked. (already posted in a thread, in past) A friend, that collects third reich militaria, told me, that

Default Re: Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz - doubt

as if i needed to be more alarmed than i already was, Woolgar.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz - doubt
    P
    Many

Thank you all. Especially to Tempelhof.
    My friend is right... This black wound badge is a junk.
    I'm learning with you all.

Regards.,

Von River

it's less whether a piece is good or bad but what you learn along the way.

i'll take a fake item and an education that sticks with me over a real item and nothing learned any day.

of course, i have to be honest with you: there's a limit to what i'd prefer to pay for an education. one would not want to learn a lesson in much of SS the "hard way".

I agree with you...!!!
    Maybe I start a new thread "Post your fake wounded badge", with this badge as a kick-off...

there are a metric tonne of them on every forum.

This type of fake (badge) is dangerous... especially if the photos taken, are bad.
    I put this badge in a thread in past 18-09-2012, and the opinions were good.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/verwu...r-fake-216769/

i think it depends sometimes on how you catch people when you get opinions. even with experience, a second look can sometimes change an opinion when subtleties are noticed that might not be seen on first glance. we can all be in a hurry or viewing these things under differing conditions on different days.

to my eye, on first glance of the sword handles, the Deschler BWB comes to mind, but the details of the sword handles (the number of twists) is wrong when compared to the Deschler-type BWB that i own and have seen. but one only begins to think about this perhaps because they catch something else and in catching that one thing, other things begin to fall.

this is why in posting items you go for consensus and the more opinions one has the better. this helps control from experienced collectors missing something important as i have done occasionally only to have such things brought to my attention by another collector who does not miss it.

in addition, a larger size of responses controls for the effect where an experienced collector known to the community misses something (it happens to us all) and other follow on opinions are biased by that known collector's response leading to a chain of false assumptions about the nature of an item.

basically, the more responses i see in agreement with my own, the safer i feel. where there is contradiction, i am warned. perhaps i have something to learn. or perhaps the other party does. but the larger the number of concurring opinions, the safer the nature of the call is on the item provided by the consensus opinions.

Ok, and thank you all.
    Regards.,
    Von River

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2