MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz, with enveloppe

Article about: Hi, I found recently this badge with an envelope in good condition. I know nothing about the company that produced it, if someone has an idea...

Default Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz, with enveloppe

Hi, I found recently this badge with an envelope in good condition.

I know nothing about the company that produced it, if someone has an idea...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz, with enveloppe   Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz, with enveloppe  

Last edited by rbminis; 09-05-2014 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Edited title to use correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz, with enveloppe
    P
    Many

?

Please provide better cleared images of the face and reverse.

No need my friend.

Both the badge and the packet are fake. The badge is known as the 'Low Rim Fake' and the envelope goes by the catchy title of the 'Scrawl Fake'. This exact combination is seen for sale on Ebay every single week, keep your eye out for the combo. The packet especially is a close copy of a known design that has many different makers permutations, but the fraktur form of the font is never quite right, hence the name 'Scrawl' to describe it. Besides which, as far as i'm aware, there's no documented proof of Frank & Reif ever producing any grade of Verwundetenabzeichen.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Ned

Well, thank you very much for your answer. I'm quite sad to have been had, that's a good lesson to be more carefull in the future...

regards

Quote by big ned View Post
    No need my friend.

Both the badge and the packet are fake. The badge is known as the 'Low Rim Fake' and the envelope goes by the catchy title of the 'Scrawl Fake'. This exact combination is seen for sale on Ebay every single week, keep your eye out for the combo. The packet especially is a close copy of a known design that has many different makers permutations, but the fraktur form of the font is never quite right, hence the name 'Scrawl' to describe it. Besides which, as far as i'm aware, there's no documented proof of Frank & Reif ever producing any grade of Verwundetenabzeichen.

Regards, Ned.
    Good info Ned. Stewy

Quote by vitezef View Post
    Hi Ned

Well, thank you very much for your answer. I'm quite sad to have been had, that's a good lesson to be more carefull in the future...

regards

It's easily done. Hopefully this hasn't cost you an arm and a leg, keep it close and look at it everytime you think about making an impulsive buy......That helps you to focus.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.