Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz, good or fake

Article about: anybody seen thise badge before ???? is it fake or oke ?? and who could be the maker of thise badge gr andreas

Default Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz, good or fake

anybody seen thise badge before ????
    is it fake or oke ??
    and who could be the maker of thise badge

gr andreas

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz, good or fakeVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz, good or fakeVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz, good or fakeVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz, good or fake
    Last edited by rbminis; 08-04-2014 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Edited title to use correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz, good or fake
    P
    Many

Hi Andreas,

Interesting badge, it appears to have been double struck (note the signs on the berries at 4 and 10 o'clock) and the reverse part of the die was not in place during the process, hence the very soft details, especially on the reverse. Also note that the catch has been soldered on 90 degrees from the upright to utilise the longest side to get a decent fix on the deformed blank.

The actual design, hardware and the fact it's brass matches a BWB that is from an as yet unknown maker, and I think it's original, albeit a 'Monday morning/Friday afternoon' foul up.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

well big ned thanks again for youre great info
    i hope to now one day who will be the maker of thise badge
    but first i have to wait for the postman,i will make more pics and put it on thise forum

so again thanks !

gr andreas

i still wonder what that strange bubbels are on the reverse of the badge...
    maybe you can explaine thise also ?

gr andreas

Quote by andreas1966 View Post
    i still wonder what that strange bubbels are on the reverse of the badge...
    maybe you can explaine thise also ?

gr andreas
    The result of some pretty sloppy soldering? I've seen worse on other combat awards, and the areas where they are most obvious is where you'd expect to see this, being around the hinge and catch. It is all rather odd i'll admit, but maybe it was the morning after the works Christmas party.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

whawha.....
    thanks !

i wil post some pics..

andreas

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz, good or fakeVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz, good or fakeVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz, good or fakeVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz, good or fakeVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz, good or fakeVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz, good or fakeVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz, good or fakeVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz, good or fake

finely arrived .....after2,5 weeks in the mail
    got lost a littel bit

grtz andreas

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz, good or fakeVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz, good or fake

now he can join with the rest of his small black friends....

Hi Andreas ,
    Impressive collection of these badges ;-)
    Mfg
    Marc

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz, good or fakeVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz, good or fakeVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz, good or fakeVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz, good or fake

thanks !

here are some more vwa badges , most of the vwa are maker marked !
    about 95 %

i try to collect as much as possible the maker marked badges....
    but still learning aboud thise badge and still see some different set ups and variant

but its getting harder to find badges that are maker mark and not been in my collection
    i have over 80 badges in totall

but i think this kind of badge is underrated ..of corse this badge you have to pay with youre blood ...

but i think its still a nice badge and intresting to collect and the price you pay to collect is still oke
    acsept for the gold one the are still more expensive of corse.

grt andreas

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast