Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber, real or fake? :)

Article about: Hello! So I recently picked up a wund badge from a local antique shop. I believe it is real but would like to hear the views of you all from the piece Thank you!

Default Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber, real or fake? :)

Hello! So I recently picked up a wund badge from a local antique shop. I believe it is real but would like to hear the views of you all from the piece
    Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber, real or fake? :)   Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber, real or fake? :)  

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber, real or fake? :)   Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber, real or fake? :)  

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber, real or fake? :)   Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber, real or fake? :)  

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber, real or fake? :)  
    Last edited by rbminis; 05-09-2015 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Edited title to use correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber, real or fake? :)
    P
    Many

?

it looks rather pitted on the back and front. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

I have no idea if it is real or fake -_- hahaha I am confused as well

Better photos would help. What is the maker mark?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Has pitting common to most cast fakes. Better pics would be great.

Tom

I will post more in the next few minutes

It reminds me of Staegemeier's L/53 fake.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

need a good photo of the pin retaining clip without the pin in it. If it has a cut-out section, then it will be a post war fake

?

Quote by thecyclist64 View Post
    need a good photo of the pin retaining clip without the pin in it. If it has a cut-out section, then it will be a post war fake
    You're thinking of the Souval "claw". This is not one of those.
    Blow up the image & have a good look at the construction!

Regards
    Brett

Quote by thecyclist64 View Post
    I think you may be getting confused with the post war Souval 'Claw' catch that resembles the top of an open pop can. The badge above is pertaining to be a zinc one made by Hymmen & Co. but I think on the evidence of the photo's provided it's a documented fake.
    The catch on the real (and fake) will have a normal circular base with either a flat wire or round wire catch separately soldered to it rather than than being the one piece post war Souval 'Claw'.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.