Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber - small 65 mark

Article about: Hi, This is one of my latest silver wound badges with a small 65 mark. I have not seen this type before. It looks legitimate to me. What is your opinion? Thanks /Jonas

Default Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber - small 65 mark

Hi,

This is one of my latest silver wound badges with a small 65 mark. I have not seen this type before.

It looks legitimate to me. What is your opinion?

Thanks
    /Jonas

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber - small 65 mark Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber - small 65 mark

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber - small 65 mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber - small 65 mark
    P
    Many

I think your instincts are good Jonas! I like the detailing of the badge, the shape of the pin, and the condition of the finish. Here's another K&Q made badge with a small LDO#. The obverses are very comparable. The reverse hardware setups are different but I feel comfortable saying your example is just a more stout and improved design to avoid being damaged. Best regards.

Brian

Verwundetenabzeichen/Wound Badge - your opinion, please! (Wound badge two of three)

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    I think your instincts are good Jonas! I like the detailing of the badge, the shape of the pin, and the condition of the finish. Here's another K&Q made badge with a small LDO#. The obverses are very comparable. The reverse hardware setups are different but I feel comfortable saying your example is just a more stout and improved design to avoid being damaged. Best regards.

Brian

Verwundetenabzeichen/Wound Badge - your opinion, please! (Wound badge two of three)
    That example is marked L/21 for FĂ–RSTER & BARTH.
    You can't compare apples and oranges. IMO

I have never seen an example by K&Q with a stamped maker mark, all are raised maker's mark that I am aware of. Even the black variants have raised maker marks.
    I would be skeptical.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

My fault. I was going off of Adrian's response in post #2, I should of read further through the attached thread. I defer to Ralph's response. But if fake it's a scary one for sure. Is that large front lug on the helmet specific to any known maker of this award? Kindest regards.

Brian

I am not a fan of this example Jonas.
    Here is my reasoning,
    I have never seen another K&Q with a stamped in maker mark.
    The front lip of the helmet curves up too much compared to original examples.
    The front rivet is too large compared to other examples.
    I see some differences in the sword hilts, lack of details etc. but, I also see some differences in other examples as well.
    Also, the overall shape of the helmet seems off as well, as well as the heavy lip at the bottom.
    Here are my examples from this maker to compare.
    Ralph.

The first is a low maker marked in silver.
    The second is a mid maker marked in silver, and the third is a gold low maker marked one.
    Also, included Jonas's example to compare.

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber - small 65 markVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber - small 65 mark
    Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber - small 65 markVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber - small 65 mark
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I am not a fan of this example Jonas.
    Here is my reasoning,
    I have never seen another K&Q with a stamped in maker mark.
    The front lip of the helmet curves up too much compared to original examples.
    The front rivet is too large compared to other examples.
    I see some differences in the sword hilts, lack of details etc. but, I also see some differences in other examples as well.
    Also, the overall shape of the helmet seems off as well, as well as the heavy lip at the bottom.
    Here are my examples from this maker to compare.
    Ralph.

The first is a low maker marked in silver.
    The second is a mid maker marked in silver, and the third is a gold low maker marked one.
    Also, included Jonas's example to compare.
    Thanks for the comparison/comment Ralph

I can see your concern and I will make some more investigation on this badge.

It is indeed an special badge with the different 65 makers mark which does not correspond at all to the raised makers mark.

/Jonas